Rules

Respect.
Drama is better kept IC. Respect is key between members; if you want respect you must give respect. If there's a problem with a member please contact either one of the mods or one of the admins.

Site Rating
TAOE is an intermediate to advanced, mature rated site [M], so we ask that all members to be just that; mature. There can be some pretty heavy subject matter so be warned. No characters below 18 years old. NPCs like children and such can be mentioned. ​There will be no child molester characters allowed on this site.

Word Count
Though there's no word count, we ask that you try and match your partner's number of words. It's no fun when you write a nice big paragraph and you get a couple sentences back, right? Then don't do it.

Number of Characters
There's no limit to the amount of characters you can make, however before you can make a second character, we ask that your first character has 10 IC posts. Same goes for any subsequent character. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHARACTERS ACTIVE IF YOU WANNA KEEP THEM.

Registration
Register your character as "First Last" on the site, with your character names. If you messed up somehow talk to an admin, they'll be more then glad to edit your name for you. OOC accounts are reserved for Admins and Moderators, so please do not make them!

Avatar pics are 250px by 300px. The personal image on the minioprofile is a square and will resize automatically. This can be an image that represents the player, much like the avatars on the cbox! The Gif is 230px by 110px. Since the skin was so nicely coded by YunoTheNine, we ask to have high quality images please, keep the site pretty. Here is a link to help crop images and gifs: EZGif | PicMonkey

Faceclaims
We ask that all faceclaims/play bys to be of actors of age (17 and older). We also ask them to be of real people (actors, models, etc, someone you can get pics and gifs), no anime or other cartoon characters. If you want to use art of your character you can put that in your signature, if you wish.

God-Modding
There will be none tolerated. There are rules to character powers and such for that reason, please see those sections in order to make sure you're not making your character too strong. If you have any questions contact an admin or mod and they'll be more then happy to help!

Templates
We simply ask (please) that you use the basic template which is provided within the posts, super easy, either click on the button that says "template" when you write your post or write [template][/*template] at the beginning and end of a post (minus the star). Plotters are required to have a template, but there's lots of resource sites for that such as Caution to the Wind

Classification
Generally speaking, the only classification changes characters can undergo is from Pure to Imperfect. Characters can POTENTIALLY go back to Elisium pretending to be Pures, but that would be a very elaborate plot that needs to be discussed with either By or Jonah before it happens.

Copyright
Everything on this site is copyrighted to the said members or individuals here on TAOE. Skin was made by YunoTheNine of Shine. Templates and Graphics belong to the rightful owners, and there will be no stealing characters either. So we will put it frank, you steal ANYTHING without giving the proper credit, you will be banned. No warning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
We're all here to have a good time! So kick back, write loads, and have fun~! Make some friends! Like, for instance, Steve Buscemi, who also happens to be the password that you need to send to an admin via PM in order to get accepted. ;)

Plot

GENERAL

TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

But little does the government know, there's something about the Isle of Man that changes its inhabitants. They call it the Flux, and it's quite the phenomenon, leaving people who were once only usual in spirit or body, now unusual in ability. It's like a power, one that can come suddenly, or over time, or even not at all. It all depends, person to person, and is, for whatever reason, all based around the citizen's personality. Whether you're Pure or Imperfect, you have a chance of being blessed, or cursed.

Yet, through this rejection and hardship this is where home lies, and this is your chance to make it so.

HISTORY

The Authority is in place to protect us. They serve us to the best of their ability, they protect the citizens of this country until their very last dying breath. Long ago was a time where there was no peace. War raged upon the land, death and destruction ravaged the people, destroyed their homes, split them apart into chaos. In their desperation for control over the anarchy and disarray, the Authority stepped into their ranks, unannounced, unwelcome at first. This did not last.
They lured the people into their grasp with the promise of peace and prosperity, a vow to food, the end of crime and violence. Of course, the good, the bad and the ugly wanted in on this pledge, and many started taking advantage of the system. Like leeches they sucked, squeezed what they could of the government, to the point where there was general alarm, the populace began to notice! And thus began the weeding.
At first it was but criminals, the worst of the worst, all raided and plucked from the public eye, sent away to an undisclosed location for the safety of the country. But their haul through time grew in size; illness causes panic, those who are sick must be put somewhere else, disability, lest it be mental or physical, leads to voids in the community, gender should be a norm of two, no more no less, and those who do not confirm are to be re-educated or removed... the list for their demands grew longer and more elaborate.

Soon, correctional and holding facilities for these so dubbed Imperfects were so overcrowded you might as well akin them to cans of sardines. The Authority realized they needed a different strategy to keep these people from their Pure society.

They found an island, abandoned from times past, a city crumbling from within. The Isle of Man, reclaiming the city as their own they called it Haven in order to mask the true atrocity behind their Elisium.

This was sixty years ago. We are now the year 2021, three generations into Haven's rebirth.

STAFF

ADMINS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the By

AHOY MATEYS, this is your friendly neighborhood By peeking her face through the blinds and saying hello~! Been at this RPing thing since I was just a WEE LASS and man if I've come this far I must like it eh? Currently known as your local thread hoarder and one of the admins of TAOE! We've all been working ultra hard on this site so I hope it fills all the little cackles of your writing hearts~
pssttt don't be shy, none of us bite, promise. 8D

Jonah

Guess what! By's a dirty liar. ​I​ bite. I go right for the jugular, every time. My name's Jonah, I'm a cute little baby boy, and I've been at this writing biz for about three years now. I'm not completely dead inside, but boy, am I on my way there! I'm a lean mean posting machine, and I like to just eat chocolate frosting sometimes. I just eat it. Right out of the thing. Give me your love.

Randi

I’m a die hard potterhead, metal head, and coffee addict. I have four dogs, two chihuahuas named Tali and Liara, a pitbull named Surri Dog, and an American Staffordshire Terrier named Norma Jean. I’m a bit of a crazy dog lady, but I’m okay with it.

Roman

Yo, I'm Roman! I'm a little noodle who wears too much black with hair as red as a fire truck. I am a firm believer in the power of art, and one day I hope to free all the animals from Sea World while Fall out Boy's "Folie à Deux" album plays in the background. I'm always open to talk about anything from plotting to personal life, so don't hesitate to hit me up! Happy writing!

Angel

Hi guys, I'm AngelRayne, you can either call me Angel, Rayne, or some variation, just let me know my name and I'll respond! Anyways I'm the site's official cuddler/snuggler. So if you ever need a hug/cuddle/snuggle let me know and I will drown you in cuddles. And as you may have guessed, YOU'RE ALL ​​MINE​​!

Grace

Greetings fellow earthlings! The name's Grace, and I'm the resident ninja and Queen of typos here. But aside from that, I'm just your typical random oddball who's into K-pop, watching anime, and loves shoving her face into books.... Well, not really. I just love to read x3 Anywho I've been doing this whole roleplaying thang since way back in 2008 and it's safe to say that I've become addicted. So why not come and be addicts with us all? Okay, yeah. That's a weird way to put it. Just join us pretty please~? We're nice peeps, I swear!

Yuno

Omg, I get to type and say hi to you guys! Like, what?! Hehe, hi there, most of you know me from our time elsewhere together, but for anyone who came after I left on the old site: hello. My name is Yuno, or fully "YunoTheNinetales." I picked up coding about a year ago, a little more by now, and honestly I love it. Beyond just the coding itself, though, I love helping other people figure it out. So, seriously, if you ever want some help coding something, learning how to do it, or simply fixing a bug that you cant find; feel free to hit me with a PM~!. You're also more than welcome to make requests on my CTTW Bird House. Love you all, happy posting! -Regards; Yuno

News

01/02/2016 - Happy birthday to Monkey the Hamster! He just turned two, which is very impressive for a creature of his size. Congratulate him for this brand new chapter of his life!

01/03/2016 - Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and happy birthday to Grace~! We all love you, and we hope you get everything you want, as well as love, hugs, smothers and COOKIES. Yes. We love you. <3

11/22/2015 - Merry Christmas to everyone! Yuno has created a new site skin as a Christmas gift. Love you all and hope you like it! any questions or comments, please contact Yuno via a PM for assistance. Always happy to help!

09/21/2015 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAHPONAH. WE ALL KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT YOURSELF DRUNK ON CAKE SO HOPE IT WAS A FANTABULOUS DAY. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU, MAY THIS DAY BE MERRY MERRY MERRY.

09/15/2015 - Got some new ads you can spread the good word with, check 'em out!

09/01/2015 - We are now officially open!
In loving memory of Kaityn Rayne.

Whether you're new or old to this community, one person we have always got to remember is out loving friend Kaityn Rayne. She was a very creative and great person, easy to talk to and always there. Anyone who knew Kaityn knows just how nice she was.

For a lot of us, she was the first person to speak to us and welcome us to the community. As of the 28th of June she has no longer been with us. It's a very sad thing, although Kaityn was the kind of person who wouldn't want us to be upset with her not being here. That being said, in her honor we are working hard to write amazing new stories. Her memory will always be with us. Kaityn, we love you. ♥
-Yuno

Trailer
TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

Add Reply
New Poll

Heavy on the Shoulders, ~ Open
Tristan de Luca
 Posted: Sep 7 2015, 05:47 PM
25 Years. Male. The Sentinels. Drill Sergeant. Heterosexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: Randi

What does a single guy do when he has finished up his work for the day and doesn’t have to be training the new recruits for another five hours? Naturally, he’s at the recreational center working out in the weights room and burning off some energy. Because, why not? He had Omnium Gatherum blasting over the speakers as he strategically moved from machine to machine. It wasn’t like they had the best machines and weights, but it was all he had ever known, so he really didn’t have much to go off of. Nor could he complain about it. The weights slammed to the ground after his last rep and he moved to sit up to switch to another machine.

Kain, the giant Cane Corso Italian Mastiff, lay at the foot of the door like a guard dog of sorts. He had his massive head laying on those gigantic paws of his, looking quite like a speed bump into the weight room. He was the best dog Tris had ever owned, and then he thought he’d be smart and get Kain a companion as well, and that was when he found little miss Lucy. Sadly, she wasn’t anything like Kain. She was just about the complete opposite. Bouncy, loud, stubborn as all get out. But she was fun, and loving, and had a heart of gold like the rest of them, so Tris loved her just the same. With that being said, Lucy was currently bouncing up on the other machines and barking randomly. They were pretty damn lucky no one else was in the room, because they would have been infuriated by Lucy’s shenanigans.

Tristan decided to give up on the weights for the time being and go to the bag instead, giving Lucy a bit of a roll of his eyes as she bounced past him. As much as she could be a bit of an irritant, Tristan always managed to get a kick out of her. He pulled his fingerless gloves on his hands, strapped them up and went to town on the bag. Maybe he would cut his work out early and enjoy a beer or two… Now that didn’t sound like a bad plan at all. A few good minutes on the bag and he would clean up and go enjoy a few beers before training starts up again.
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Sep 9 2015, 10:53 PM
23 Years. Female. Sentinel. Thief | Private. Hetero.. Application. Shipper.
As played by: Grace

The mane of red that so often framed Maddison's face like a silhouette of flame was no more as the strawberry curls were trapped within a hair tie in a high ponytail. The ruby locks cascaded downward past her shoulders and swayed back and forth from where they hung while she walked inside the rec center to her destination. The quietest of hums revealed itself from deep in her throat, but all too soon that very same wordless song was abruptly cut off by a dull pain that pulsated at her temple and began to spread. It slowly latched on to her head and only further intensified as the painful interjection made her entire head feel similar to a drum being beaten. And to her chagrin, it refused to let-up. That, however, just pushed her to go about her way with perhaps a little more haste to her steps and Maddi exhaled a noisy groan.

"Just gimme a bloody break, would you?" She snapped softly past clenched teeth to no one but the air surrounding her.

Though one could hardly tell from a simple glimpse at the young woman, Maddi was experiencing complications associated with her flux, which would explain the sudden ache and her discomfort. But that alone wasn't anything new. Not anymore, not for her at least. She had gone through so many of these damn struggles that her abilities kept bringing about into existence that it had become something of a habit now, a practiced routine that occurred at any given moment without warning and one she could certainly do without. But no matter how much she desired it, Maddi knew deep down that the disappearance of her dark powers was mere wishful thinking, a dream meant only to be left as such: a dream.

Anyhow, the thief continued ambling her way through the facility when a muffled sound was sent echoing down the hall she was in from up ahead. She stopped for a moment to get a better grasp on the noise and soon a light smirk came over her lips once she recognized what it was: music. Well, well, well. Looks like someone else had had the same exact idea as herself and gone to work out in the weight room, although with some loud-ass music added into the mix. The blaring sound grew louder by the second as she came closer to the entrance and soon she arrived...only to see a huge dog occupying the space at the foot of the door. Maddi backed up a pace or two and stared at the canine, suddenly feeling somewhat of a familiarity. She'd seen this dog before, hadn't she?

"Sorry to bother you, mate. I know you're probably all comfy and everything, but you mind lettin' me through?" She addressed the dog with and gave a rather goofy grin as she watched the creature with friendly blue eyes.

PM
^
Tristan de Luca
 Posted: Sep 13 2015, 10:19 PM
25 Years. Male. The Sentinels. Drill Sergeant. Heterosexual. Application. Shipper.

Tristan continued to leave his mark on the bag. One, two, three. Left, right, left. Punch to the side, upper cut, another shift to the right. His breathing was heavy, matching every other punch with an exhale. He was definitely in the zone, giving it everything he had as sweat fell like pearls off of him. Just a few more minutes of this and he’d head out, hopefully with the last destination ending with a good cold one. He took a second to pause, brushing his curly hair out of his eyes and removing as much sweat from his forehead as possible. There was nothing quite as irritating as getting sweat in your eyes. He let out a low growl, shaking his head a bit before laying into the bag once again.

His amstaff Lucy was still bouncing around like a little muscular, red and white marked bouncy ball. Up on one of the benches then down on the floor to pull at one of the rubbery weight dumbells. Her pointed ears were turning in every which direction as the metal music blasted through the speakers. At this point, Tristan didn’t think much of it. He was used to her silly antics and thought they were rather goofy. It wasn’t until she heard the sound of another person that she completely stopped bouncing and started howling instead.

Tristan’s mastiff, Kain, just looked up at her with the most lazy expression in the world. He slowly stood up, moving to stretch with his back arched and his head resting on the floor. He then turned and lumbered out of the way, choosing to ignore the girl and go and sit next to Tristan. The two dogs would have definitely been recognizable considering they were at every Sentinel meeting, every basic training group, and just about every place that Tristan was present.

He paused at his punching, taking a step back to turn on his heel and look toward the door. That head of flaming red hair wasn’t exactly difficult to notice. He had seen her around, watched her at basic training and everything, even if he wasn’t her instructor. It was hard to miss a person when they were a natural. He cleared his throat and raised one arched eyebrow. Was his music too loud? He didn’t have a problem with turning it down. He eyed her curiously, noticing the small vibrations coming from her head. Her weak spot at the moment. He licked his upper lip and moved to rub at the back of his neck, waiting to see if she was coming to ask him to lower the music.
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Sep 14 2015, 10:38 PM

Maddi didn't have to wait long at all to receive an answer from the large dog occupying the space in front of her. He soon drew his lazy eyes up to fix her dark blues with a momentary glance before padding off inside the room, almost as if too bored to even bother concerning himself with this stranger and her sudden presence.

"Thanks." She said, voice fading away into silence and she stepped foot into the chaos of the weight room.

The first thing she took notice of upon entering was the onslaught of music and just how loud it truly was, followed immediately after by an incessant howling that seemed to be aimed directly at her. Without even thinking about it, Maddi automatically snapped a hand to her throbbing temple and squeezed her eyes shut. A vague grimace of pain overcame her facial features and the young woman took a brief moment to regain her composure. A sigh escaped past her lips and after a few seconds had passed, she reopened her sights to the world again. Her ocean colored irises fell on the three inhabitants in the room with her in turn before she returned her gaze to Tristan and kept it there. She recognized him pretty much right off the bat. Like herself, he was a member of Sentinel and more specifically a Drill Sergeant for the gang, but other than that she didn't really know the guy on a personal level.

"Uh, hey. Look mate." Maddi started off with, a small apologetic half smile expressed on her lips. "I really don't mean to be a pain in the ass or anything, but do you think you could turn your music down a little bit? I mean it sounds lovely, but I think my head might explode any second here and I'm pretty sure you don't wanna see that." And she laughed some at her own joking remark. Always one with the humor, this one.
PM
^
Tristan de Luca
 Posted: Oct 1 2015, 06:47 PM

Slowly but surely, as the woman started up an explanation, he began unwrapping the makeshift cloth pieces from around his knuckles. He had never had the benefit of going to town on the bag with gloves on, but after the many times of popping his knuckles open, he found that wrapping them with a thin piece of cloth did the trick of protecting them. Wrapping up the cloth into an organized bundle, he nodded his head at her and walked right over to the stereo system, turning the volume dial down. He sat the rags off to the side of the larger speaker before turning to look at her. His bright emerald green eyes looked her over once more, taking in that bright red hair and the waves of pain that were escaping her head. He was never a huge fan of using what his buddy had dubbed, his superpower. But there were times when he didn’t have much of a choice in the matter, like now for example. Her head was causing her so much pain that it was literally radiating off of her in waves, and he couldn’t ignore it if he tried. Which meant his own head was starting to ache, right behind his eyes. There was always a downfall.

Tristan ran his fingers back through his thick black hair and offered her a small crooked smirk. He wasn’t one of many words, but he felt like an apology was in order for making her headache worse, ”Sorry about that…. I, uh, like my music loud when I’m working out. Drowns out background distractions…..” He let his large shoulders rise and fall in a casual shrug of sorts. He had never intended on making someone uncomfortable because of the music, but he also never really thought that far ahead either. Running a hand back through his hair, he cleared his throat and nodded, ”Better to be a pain in the ass than headless. Anything I can do to help?” He tapped his temple as though reiterating his point. At this moment, if he could help rid her of her headache, he could get rid of his own.
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Oct 22 2015, 12:57 AM

The inner beatdown her cranium was receiving at the hands of her headache took on a rhythmic approach, steadying out into an even tempo that repetitively waxed and waned. It ebbed away into a dull throb the first few minutes only to increase again seconds later, and needless to say, Maddi was not a happy little ray of sunshine and glittery rainbows. The young private was less than pleased with this condition her flux had induced, and honestly, she would have preferred to take a stern talking-to from Yara over this any day of the week. Follow that verbal scolding with harsh training while hungover -- something of which she actually had to do as punishment for her alcoholic behavior on one ocassion -- and she'd still favor the option rather than a pounding head, and that was saying something. She loathed both scenarios immensely.

Luckily for Maddison however, what amount of discomfort that stormed inside her head and could be attributed to the thunderous music, was shortly put at ease as her request was met. She gave thanks for the action with a show of gratitude in her eyes which she promptly voiced after relieving a sigh.

"You're a lifesaver mate. Thank you." She said, appreciation laced in her words and a friendly smile defining her pink lips.

Although not in full force any longer, the irritant was unfortunately still present, and at this point, Maddi had pretty much accepted that she'd just have to suck it up and deal with it until it passed. Oh, how fun, but at least it was more manageable. In the meantime though, the fire headed beauty diverted her attention elsewhere: Tristan and his merry band of canines.

As previously mentioned beforehand she hardly knew the guy, let alone much about him for that matter. She'd seen him around from time to time in passing, but aside from that the two had never really had the opportunity to talk. Until now.

A chuckle drifted its way out into the open when Tristan mentioned he liked his music loud and Maddison mirrored his own crooked smirk. "Yeah, I can see that, or hear that more like it." She said, not trying to be mean about it and simply teasing. So far she found the assumed dog lover to be a pretty nice guy, but that could very well be subject to change as she knew. She of all people residing on this god-forsaken island understood that liars and two-faced scoundrels lurked all around, some in plain sight while others chose to roam about hidden in the shadows. One could never be too careful these days or trust too carelessly, even if the man in question was aligned with the same organization she was.

Anyway, Maddi had walked her way over to the small storage room in the back when Tristan asked if there was anything he could do to help. It was certainly a sweet offer for him to make, but needless all the same.

"Not unless you can magically cure headaches? So, no. Not really, but thanks anyway." Came her jesting remark. After that, those vibrant tresses of hers disappeared from sight as she opened up the door and went inside the room, and silence quickly fell between the pair. She returned a few minutes later from behind a wooden practice dummy she'd often used to work on her knife skills and began pushing it, and while she did she cast a glance over at her fellow Sentinel member, eyes narrowing slightly as if she were trying to remember something.

"It's Tristan, right?" She asked.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

THE TAG BOX

Welcome to the tag box for TAOE. Just a couple quick notes before you start using it:

• Please put the thread link in your name
• State the alias of the person you're tagging.
• State the name of the character.
• State the name of the thread

Thanks so much in advanced to following our simple tag box rules! Happy posting!

-Your lovely staff.

Cbox
The Affliliates
RPG-D TFC TFC