Rules

Respect.
Drama is better kept IC. Respect is key between members; if you want respect you must give respect. If there's a problem with a member please contact either one of the mods or one of the admins.

Site Rating
TAOE is an intermediate to advanced, mature rated site [M], so we ask that all members to be just that; mature. There can be some pretty heavy subject matter so be warned. No characters below 18 years old. NPCs like children and such can be mentioned. ​There will be no child molester characters allowed on this site.

Word Count
Though there's no word count, we ask that you try and match your partner's number of words. It's no fun when you write a nice big paragraph and you get a couple sentences back, right? Then don't do it.

Number of Characters
There's no limit to the amount of characters you can make, however before you can make a second character, we ask that your first character has 10 IC posts. Same goes for any subsequent character. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHARACTERS ACTIVE IF YOU WANNA KEEP THEM.

Registration
Register your character as "First Last" on the site, with your character names. If you messed up somehow talk to an admin, they'll be more then glad to edit your name for you. OOC accounts are reserved for Admins and Moderators, so please do not make them!

Avatar pics are 250px by 300px. The personal image on the minioprofile is a square and will resize automatically. This can be an image that represents the player, much like the avatars on the cbox! The Gif is 230px by 110px. Since the skin was so nicely coded by YunoTheNine, we ask to have high quality images please, keep the site pretty. Here is a link to help crop images and gifs: EZGif | PicMonkey

Faceclaims
We ask that all faceclaims/play bys to be of actors of age (17 and older). We also ask them to be of real people (actors, models, etc, someone you can get pics and gifs), no anime or other cartoon characters. If you want to use art of your character you can put that in your signature, if you wish.

God-Modding
There will be none tolerated. There are rules to character powers and such for that reason, please see those sections in order to make sure you're not making your character too strong. If you have any questions contact an admin or mod and they'll be more then happy to help!

Templates
We simply ask (please) that you use the basic template which is provided within the posts, super easy, either click on the button that says "template" when you write your post or write [template][/*template] at the beginning and end of a post (minus the star). Plotters are required to have a template, but there's lots of resource sites for that such as Caution to the Wind

Classification
Generally speaking, the only classification changes characters can undergo is from Pure to Imperfect. Characters can POTENTIALLY go back to Elisium pretending to be Pures, but that would be a very elaborate plot that needs to be discussed with either By or Jonah before it happens.

Copyright
Everything on this site is copyrighted to the said members or individuals here on TAOE. Skin was made by YunoTheNine of Shine. Templates and Graphics belong to the rightful owners, and there will be no stealing characters either. So we will put it frank, you steal ANYTHING without giving the proper credit, you will be banned. No warning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
We're all here to have a good time! So kick back, write loads, and have fun~! Make some friends! Like, for instance, Steve Buscemi, who also happens to be the password that you need to send to an admin via PM in order to get accepted. ;)

Plot

GENERAL

TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

But little does the government know, there's something about the Isle of Man that changes its inhabitants. They call it the Flux, and it's quite the phenomenon, leaving people who were once only usual in spirit or body, now unusual in ability. It's like a power, one that can come suddenly, or over time, or even not at all. It all depends, person to person, and is, for whatever reason, all based around the citizen's personality. Whether you're Pure or Imperfect, you have a chance of being blessed, or cursed.

Yet, through this rejection and hardship this is where home lies, and this is your chance to make it so.

HISTORY

The Authority is in place to protect us. They serve us to the best of their ability, they protect the citizens of this country until their very last dying breath. Long ago was a time where there was no peace. War raged upon the land, death and destruction ravaged the people, destroyed their homes, split them apart into chaos. In their desperation for control over the anarchy and disarray, the Authority stepped into their ranks, unannounced, unwelcome at first. This did not last.
They lured the people into their grasp with the promise of peace and prosperity, a vow to food, the end of crime and violence. Of course, the good, the bad and the ugly wanted in on this pledge, and many started taking advantage of the system. Like leeches they sucked, squeezed what they could of the government, to the point where there was general alarm, the populace began to notice! And thus began the weeding.
At first it was but criminals, the worst of the worst, all raided and plucked from the public eye, sent away to an undisclosed location for the safety of the country. But their haul through time grew in size; illness causes panic, those who are sick must be put somewhere else, disability, lest it be mental or physical, leads to voids in the community, gender should be a norm of two, no more no less, and those who do not confirm are to be re-educated or removed... the list for their demands grew longer and more elaborate.

Soon, correctional and holding facilities for these so dubbed Imperfects were so overcrowded you might as well akin them to cans of sardines. The Authority realized they needed a different strategy to keep these people from their Pure society.

They found an island, abandoned from times past, a city crumbling from within. The Isle of Man, reclaiming the city as their own they called it Haven in order to mask the true atrocity behind their Elisium.

This was sixty years ago. We are now the year 2021, three generations into Haven's rebirth.

STAFF

ADMINS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the By

AHOY MATEYS, this is your friendly neighborhood By peeking her face through the blinds and saying hello~! Been at this RPing thing since I was just a WEE LASS and man if I've come this far I must like it eh? Currently known as your local thread hoarder and one of the admins of TAOE! We've all been working ultra hard on this site so I hope it fills all the little cackles of your writing hearts~
pssttt don't be shy, none of us bite, promise. 8D

Jonah

Guess what! By's a dirty liar. ​I​ bite. I go right for the jugular, every time. My name's Jonah, I'm a cute little baby boy, and I've been at this writing biz for about three years now. I'm not completely dead inside, but boy, am I on my way there! I'm a lean mean posting machine, and I like to just eat chocolate frosting sometimes. I just eat it. Right out of the thing. Give me your love.

Randi

I’m a die hard potterhead, metal head, and coffee addict. I have four dogs, two chihuahuas named Tali and Liara, a pitbull named Surri Dog, and an American Staffordshire Terrier named Norma Jean. I’m a bit of a crazy dog lady, but I’m okay with it.

Roman

Yo, I'm Roman! I'm a little noodle who wears too much black with hair as red as a fire truck. I am a firm believer in the power of art, and one day I hope to free all the animals from Sea World while Fall out Boy's "Folie à Deux" album plays in the background. I'm always open to talk about anything from plotting to personal life, so don't hesitate to hit me up! Happy writing!

Angel

Hi guys, I'm AngelRayne, you can either call me Angel, Rayne, or some variation, just let me know my name and I'll respond! Anyways I'm the site's official cuddler/snuggler. So if you ever need a hug/cuddle/snuggle let me know and I will drown you in cuddles. And as you may have guessed, YOU'RE ALL ​​MINE​​!

Grace

Greetings fellow earthlings! The name's Grace, and I'm the resident ninja and Queen of typos here. But aside from that, I'm just your typical random oddball who's into K-pop, watching anime, and loves shoving her face into books.... Well, not really. I just love to read x3 Anywho I've been doing this whole roleplaying thang since way back in 2008 and it's safe to say that I've become addicted. So why not come and be addicts with us all? Okay, yeah. That's a weird way to put it. Just join us pretty please~? We're nice peeps, I swear!

Yuno

Omg, I get to type and say hi to you guys! Like, what?! Hehe, hi there, most of you know me from our time elsewhere together, but for anyone who came after I left on the old site: hello. My name is Yuno, or fully "YunoTheNinetales." I picked up coding about a year ago, a little more by now, and honestly I love it. Beyond just the coding itself, though, I love helping other people figure it out. So, seriously, if you ever want some help coding something, learning how to do it, or simply fixing a bug that you cant find; feel free to hit me with a PM~!. You're also more than welcome to make requests on my CTTW Bird House. Love you all, happy posting! -Regards; Yuno

News

01/02/2016 - Happy birthday to Monkey the Hamster! He just turned two, which is very impressive for a creature of his size. Congratulate him for this brand new chapter of his life!

01/03/2016 - Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and happy birthday to Grace~! We all love you, and we hope you get everything you want, as well as love, hugs, smothers and COOKIES. Yes. We love you. <3

11/22/2015 - Merry Christmas to everyone! Yuno has created a new site skin as a Christmas gift. Love you all and hope you like it! any questions or comments, please contact Yuno via a PM for assistance. Always happy to help!

09/21/2015 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAHPONAH. WE ALL KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT YOURSELF DRUNK ON CAKE SO HOPE IT WAS A FANTABULOUS DAY. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU, MAY THIS DAY BE MERRY MERRY MERRY.

09/15/2015 - Got some new ads you can spread the good word with, check 'em out!

09/01/2015 - We are now officially open!
In loving memory of Kaityn Rayne.

Whether you're new or old to this community, one person we have always got to remember is out loving friend Kaityn Rayne. She was a very creative and great person, easy to talk to and always there. Anyone who knew Kaityn knows just how nice she was.

For a lot of us, she was the first person to speak to us and welcome us to the community. As of the 28th of June she has no longer been with us. It's a very sad thing, although Kaityn was the kind of person who wouldn't want us to be upset with her not being here. That being said, in her honor we are working hard to write amazing new stories. Her memory will always be with us. Kaityn, we love you. ♥
-Yuno

Trailer
TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

Add Reply
New Poll

Reading is Dreaming, Nirv
Serena Geoffrey-Rødulfr
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 12:01 AM
24 Years. Female. Civilian. Seamstress. Heterosexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: Randi

Things had been weird lately for Serena, and sadly it wasn’t the good kind of weird. She had mysteriously made her sewing machine disappear, only to have it reappear seconds later after she let go of it. Her eyes were getting worse, or at least, it certainly felt like they had. She hadn’t been able to talk to either of her parents to see if they could test them with her. There was also the moment that she was startled by a knock at the clinic door and had managed to make the chair she was sitting in vanish. Granted, it wasn’t her that noticed it had disappeared, it was the poor patient that had stormed in that freaked out even more by it. The man was losing a lot of blood though, so she had taken it as though he had been seeing things. And like the situation with her sewing machine, she was blaming her bad eye sight on it.

In order to attempt to figure out what was going on with her, she had made the trek out to the wall that was protected by the watchers. She felt like she could be safe there, plus, it wasn’t like there were a ton of people that she would have to avoid. Rarely did anyone go out that far. Not many people liked the guards, nor did they want to get any closer to them than they had to. Watchers never seemed to bother her though. It was like they understood that she would never try to leave, or perhaps it was because of her size that they didn’t think she would be a problem. Honestly, it wasn’t like it would take a lot to restrain her. On top of that, she really did enjoy being able to sneak a book over there and not have to worry about someone on the island trying to steal it from her. Books were a rare commodity, and she definitely wasn’t about to let anyone take the small collection that she had from her.

Sliding down the wall, she opened the book and held it close to her face, allowing her soft blue eyes to take in the words. Serena hadn’t really planned on staying out all that late, so with that being said, it wasn’t like she had dressed to impress. She was wearing a beat up pair of high waisted shorts, a very basic blue crop top, and her usual white sneakers that had been through the ringer a couple of times. Her long blonde hair was messy and flowing over her shoulders in waves and loose braids. She looked a little disheveled, but she wasn’t a hot mess either. She seemed to find that happy medium of actually looking like she had just gotten out of bed and was comfortable with herself. Smiling, she continued to read, glad that the sun overhead was warm and putting off the perfect amount of light for her to get some good chapters in.
PM
^
Nirvasull Dolarhyde
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 09:16 AM
53 Years. Male. Authority. Watcher. Demi-heterosexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: By

Something was off but Nirvasull couldn't quite place his finger on what it was, exactly. It wasn't something wrong with the place in itself, but it was almost as though there was a disturbance within the walls of the Authority District.
He did not often stay here, certainly not enjoying it anymore then your average watcher that stayed here on a more permanent basis. They had themselves a nice home, good places to stay, and so did he by all means, but he did not come back to it all that often. Haven, where he did his job, was where he should be listed as residing.
Nirvasull never had a specific place he would stay at all. Being a Watcher mot only meant that he was tasked with bringing the law to Haven in what means neccessary, but it meant he could not stay put too long. If he was caught he could easily be trapped and killed. He didn't want that, knowing he was one of the few doing their tasks properly, he knew that he wasn't very popular amongst the gang members of the city. Keeping himself protected was just the side of the coin most didn't get to see.

Today however, he was amongst the walls of The Authority because he'd had a meeting amongst the Watchers in order to determine what was their next step in order to tackle the crimes that would happen in Haven. It was a bullshit meeting, if he was going to be honest about anything, and he made sure to take the time to tell them such. If people wantes the crime to change in Haven then they needed to get their asses out there and do something about it! He denounced the members of the meeting as lazy, as not doing their part to aid this wretched place. He had then left, wanting to get back to his post, caring not if he had created a cold front to his coworkers; they knew he was right.

On his way out to the gates that seperated The Authority District from the rest of Haven, he had noticed something odd. It was a young woman with thick glasses upon her visage, holding something in her hands that he recognized as something far more then a simple instruction manual; a book. Everyone knew that books, unless for educational and learning purposes, were highly illegal, an offense high enough to earn you one free trip to Haven, or once in there, a firing squad. He did not recognize her here, and dressed as she was? There was but a slim chance she was part of the authority, lest it be Watcher or other.
Casually the large male started making his way over to her little spot where she had decided to settle down; out of the way, and mostly invisible to others.

"Yer knohw, theehs eehs noht ther plahce ter beh loohseehn' yersehlf eehn ther pahges." he growled thickly, his voice clearly not all that normal. It was quite a bit louder then it was meant to be, and aside from him sounding like he had himself a whole bag of potatoes in his mouth, there was no other indication as to why. "Yer couhlf beh shoht."
PM
^
Serena Geoffrey-Rødulfr
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 03:57 PM

Lost in the pages was how Serena liked it. If she wasn't messing with her sewing machine or drawing up designs, she was entranced by a book. Before coming to Haven, she read every manual she could get her hands on within the district. As well as the many books that she managed to find in the underground. The collection she had managed to find was quite large, and she had read every book she had at least twice. With the exception of a few for fear they might fall apart in her hands if she tried to read them again. It was actually rather funny to her, of all things illegal that she enjoyed the most, it was books. She felt like she needed to keep them around. She had heard of a movie once, Book of Eli, where there was a hidden library that a man needed to get to in order to make sure a copy of the bible was reproduced after all books had been banned and destroyed. He had been blind and he had a copy that was written in Braille. He had translated it, allowing for more copies to be written and passed around. It had been rather beautiful to her and she kept the story close to her. She too would end up blind at some point, and she wanted to be able to pass on literature to as many people as possible. Even if the Authority was sticking their head in everywhere, she didn't mind risking it. She wasn't harming anyone, so why should they care? Control. They wanted the control.

Serena was deep into The Canterbury Tales, having reached one of her favorite stories to read, 'The Tale of the Wyf of Bathe'. She adored this book, often keeping it in her bag whenever she left the house. She had three copies of it, and this one was by far the most used, but she didn't mind in the slightest. There were backups and this pleased her. She turned the page as delicately as she could, the binding was obviously very used at this point and the pages were holding on by a thread. It wasn't until the man spoke that she realized she wasn't alone. She jumped, panicked by the fact that he could easily be a part of the Authority and that she had been busted with a book in her hand. Or well, there had been a book. She held it to her chest, or rather, it looked like she was holding something to her chest, but the book itself was no longer visible and instead, just her basic shirt would be seen with her arms crossed below her chest. She could feel the form of the book against her, but it was utterly invisible. She felt a bit warm inside, fuzzy almost as whatever was happening to the book was coming from her. There was the softest of glows coming from her now, like she had been touched by the sun.

How in the world had she actually been busted? She practically melted into the wall. Her bicycle was hidden by the bushes. Perhaps it was her hair? The messy bun did sit right on top of her head like a beacon of sorts. She looked up at the large man, letting her thick framed glasses slide right back into place on her face before speaking quietly, "I-I didn't realize... Uhm... I didn't think anyone would be out this way. I mean-I guess I've never ran into anyone out here before." She paused and furrowed her arched eyebrows at him, "You're not holding a gun though... And I'm not hurting anyone.... Why would they shoot?" Rena could be analytical when she needed to be. Logic ran in her family, even if it wasn't by blood.
PM
^
Nirvasull Dolarhyde
 Posted: Aug 14 2016, 12:22 PM

The book in her arms vanished. Nirvasull was no fool, neither was he blind by any means, but he knew when strange things happened, and he saw that book in her arms seemingly melt away into nothingness. In fact, it looked like she was just holding her arm across her chest now, and she'd been caught not doing anything bad at all. How peculiar, how.... interesting.
How she managed to do so he had no idea, but perhaps this was just the beginning of what he knew to be a Flux. Anything that couldn't be explained on this isle could be explained using just that, though the reason why it happened the way it did... that was still a mystery to him. He would find out, with time, he was certain of that.

The big male stood there, making it obvious that he knew what happened with her book. He saw it happen, it wasn't exactly frightening but it was something he wouldn't put down so easily. He watched her carefully as she spoke, keeping an eye on her lips to make sure he'd catch every single word she said, before he lifted himself a small brow, cocking his head to his side a little. "Yer loohk laihke 'er smahrt gurhl, buht yer neehd ter beh mohre cahrefuhl ahbouht yer dehcehsiohn maihkeehn'." he told her honestly, frowning as he dared to lecture her now. "Yer knohw ehxactleh whehre yer ahre; yer weehtheehn' ther wahlls ohf ther Auhthohrehteh Deehstrehct, 'n yer knohw thaht 'ehre ther Lahws are ehvehrehtheehn'. Noh Eehmperfehct eehs ahllohwed 'ehre, buht yer knohw thaht, noh mahtter eehf yer 'uhrteehn' peohple 'er noht." he advised her now, lifting a brow.

He wondered if she would understand the point he was getting at, without actually saying it. "Soh whehn peohple ahsk yer whaht yer doeehn' thehre, 'n thehy cohme aht yer weehth 'er guhn, whaht doh yer sahy?" he ignored her question now. It was logical, of course it was logical, but that did not mean anyone needed to run by logic here. They followed the rules, they followed the law, no matter how illogical they really were.

"Aye dohn't neehd 'er guhn ter keehl yer." he added so that she would know that it did not matter, in the end. The gun could be a figurative one, it did not need to be a physical one. He could manipulate the water within her cells and make it boil, if he really wanted to; weapons were not something he required to do his duty.
PM
^
Serena Geoffrey-Rødulfr
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 12:24 AM

Serena couldn’t take her wide, bright, blue eyes off of the large man. Not only did his words confuse her, but his size was rather intimidating. Had he wished to do so, she could easily be snapped in half like a twig by him. She was keeping her thin fingers crossed that he wouldn’t reach that point. Understanding him was another issue she was having, his voice was booming, but sounding much like he was talking around rocks. She wanted to close her eyes to allow her ears to pick up exactly what he was saying, but to be completely honest, the poor girl was a bit out of her element and was seriously panicked. Not only had she been busted in an area where she wasn’t allowed, but she was busted with a book in hand. If anyone else knew she had it, she would be a goner. She swallowed back a bit of her fear as he started to scold her right there at the wall. Every point he made was as valid as ever. She couldn’t argue that logic, not that she was much of an arguer to begin with. The thing was, though, she had never been caught there before in the years of living there. This was the first time, and she was practically scared to death.

When he asked her what she would say if someone came at her with a gun, she chewed on her lower lip for a moment, finally looking away from him and down at the invisible book pressed to her chest. What would she do in that situation? She had hoped to never end up in a situation like that, but to be perfectly honest, it wasn’t something we could just put past her either. She swallowed and looked back up at him when she realized exactly what she would say in that situation, ”I’m not worth wasting a bullet on.” Or so she thought. It was her fault that her parents were on Haven to begin with. She didn’t exactly think she was worth much at this point in time. She shrugged her shoulders and raised an eyebrow curiously at him as he mentioned that he didn’t need a gun to kill her. ”I-I suppose you’re right. But if that were the case, you would have killed me already then, wouldn’t you? But you’re lecturing me instead.” The edges of her soft pink lips curled into the smallest of smiles, ”You’re not going to kill me.” She turned her back to him and slipped her invisible book into her bag and slipped it over her shoulders, turning back around to face him.

Her last run in with the Authority was back when they had escorted her and her parents out of their house and to the ship that was taking them to Haven. She hadn’t ran into one since. Serena thought about how she should have handled this situation had she been in Elisium and she frowned slightly, furrowing her brow in thought for a moment before extending her delicate hand out toward him, ”I’m Rena.” Perhaps if she ended up on his good side, she would be able to maintain her secret spot and not be forced to find another one.
PM
^
Nirvasull Dolarhyde
 Posted: Oct 28 2016, 10:48 AM

Nirvasull didn't want her to get cocky. This was not her territory, this was not where she was supposed to be, which and though he may not be of the same caliber as the other members of the Haven Guard, though he may be a Watcher with standards that did not mean he did not understand the culture. He knew most were highly terrtorial of their space, where they could not mingle with the contaminated, and Serena's vile presence would dirty the area. Many would be offended, to the point of pulling out a weapon and destroying the object that soiled this ground's sanctity.
"Aye wohnt." he told her, frowning more as he did so, cocking his head to the side a little. "Buht that doehs noht meahn ohthers wohn't. Aye knohw mahneh thaht wouhld simpleh shooh' yer deahd ohn saihghte. Yer breahk ther behggehst uhnwrittehn ruhle ohf 'Ahvehn. Whahtdoh yer theehnk wouhl' 'Ahppehn."

But she was right, he wouldn't be the one to pull the trigger. He couldn't care less where she was hanging out, but ig she wanted to do things like reading she would need to do so much more carefully. He even went as far as to noticing her, despite this sensation that she might not have been usually seen by any sort of person.
Strange. He wasn't sure why that was.

The young woman extended her hand to him after she had put that book away, and he couldn't help the slight arch that creeped into his brow of his, or at least the one he found himself capable of lifting. He did not return her greeting, at least not at first, half surprised she wasn't cowering in fear like so many would. He was by no means a small man; he towered at 6'1", and was built like a brick shit house, easily hovering close to 300 lbs due to his sheer mass. There was nothing lean about him, despite having almost no body fat he was bulked to the max. Had this not been Haven one might even think he was a bodybuilder.
After a moment or two of thought he extended his own hand to take hers, giving her a firm, but not crushing, shake. The big male rumbled as he did so, taking in her name and giving a single nod of acknowlegement.
"Neehrvahsuhll. Ahs yer've feehguhred ouht bai nohw, aye'm 'er Wahtchehr." and his job was to make sure that the citizens and Authority of Haven followed the Law.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

THE TAG BOX

Welcome to the tag box for TAOE. Just a couple quick notes before you start using it:

• Please put the thread link in your name
• State the alias of the person you're tagging.
• State the name of the character.
• State the name of the thread

Thanks so much in advanced to following our simple tag box rules! Happy posting!

-Your lovely staff.

Cbox
The Affliliates
RPG-D TFC TFC