Rules

Respect.
Drama is better kept IC. Respect is key between members; if you want respect you must give respect. If there's a problem with a member please contact either one of the mods or one of the admins.

Site Rating
TAOE is an intermediate to advanced, mature rated site [M], so we ask that all members to be just that; mature. There can be some pretty heavy subject matter so be warned. No characters below 18 years old. NPCs like children and such can be mentioned. ​There will be no child molester characters allowed on this site.

Word Count
Though there's no word count, we ask that you try and match your partner's number of words. It's no fun when you write a nice big paragraph and you get a couple sentences back, right? Then don't do it.

Number of Characters
There's no limit to the amount of characters you can make, however before you can make a second character, we ask that your first character has 10 IC posts. Same goes for any subsequent character. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHARACTERS ACTIVE IF YOU WANNA KEEP THEM.

Registration
Register your character as "First Last" on the site, with your character names. If you messed up somehow talk to an admin, they'll be more then glad to edit your name for you. OOC accounts are reserved for Admins and Moderators, so please do not make them!

Avatar pics are 250px by 300px. The personal image on the minioprofile is a square and will resize automatically. This can be an image that represents the player, much like the avatars on the cbox! The Gif is 230px by 110px. Since the skin was so nicely coded by YunoTheNine, we ask to have high quality images please, keep the site pretty. Here is a link to help crop images and gifs: EZGif | PicMonkey

Faceclaims
We ask that all faceclaims/play bys to be of actors of age (17 and older). We also ask them to be of real people (actors, models, etc, someone you can get pics and gifs), no anime or other cartoon characters. If you want to use art of your character you can put that in your signature, if you wish.

God-Modding
There will be none tolerated. There are rules to character powers and such for that reason, please see those sections in order to make sure you're not making your character too strong. If you have any questions contact an admin or mod and they'll be more then happy to help!

Templates
We simply ask (please) that you use the basic template which is provided within the posts, super easy, either click on the button that says "template" when you write your post or write [template][/*template] at the beginning and end of a post (minus the star). Plotters are required to have a template, but there's lots of resource sites for that such as Caution to the Wind

Classification
Generally speaking, the only classification changes characters can undergo is from Pure to Imperfect. Characters can POTENTIALLY go back to Elisium pretending to be Pures, but that would be a very elaborate plot that needs to be discussed with either By or Jonah before it happens.

Copyright
Everything on this site is copyrighted to the said members or individuals here on TAOE. Skin was made by YunoTheNine of Shine. Templates and Graphics belong to the rightful owners, and there will be no stealing characters either. So we will put it frank, you steal ANYTHING without giving the proper credit, you will be banned. No warning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
We're all here to have a good time! So kick back, write loads, and have fun~! Make some friends! Like, for instance, Steve Buscemi, who also happens to be the password that you need to send to an admin via PM in order to get accepted. ;)

Plot

GENERAL

TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

But little does the government know, there's something about the Isle of Man that changes its inhabitants. They call it the Flux, and it's quite the phenomenon, leaving people who were once only usual in spirit or body, now unusual in ability. It's like a power, one that can come suddenly, or over time, or even not at all. It all depends, person to person, and is, for whatever reason, all based around the citizen's personality. Whether you're Pure or Imperfect, you have a chance of being blessed, or cursed.

Yet, through this rejection and hardship this is where home lies, and this is your chance to make it so.

HISTORY

The Authority is in place to protect us. They serve us to the best of their ability, they protect the citizens of this country until their very last dying breath. Long ago was a time where there was no peace. War raged upon the land, death and destruction ravaged the people, destroyed their homes, split them apart into chaos. In their desperation for control over the anarchy and disarray, the Authority stepped into their ranks, unannounced, unwelcome at first. This did not last.
They lured the people into their grasp with the promise of peace and prosperity, a vow to food, the end of crime and violence. Of course, the good, the bad and the ugly wanted in on this pledge, and many started taking advantage of the system. Like leeches they sucked, squeezed what they could of the government, to the point where there was general alarm, the populace began to notice! And thus began the weeding.
At first it was but criminals, the worst of the worst, all raided and plucked from the public eye, sent away to an undisclosed location for the safety of the country. But their haul through time grew in size; illness causes panic, those who are sick must be put somewhere else, disability, lest it be mental or physical, leads to voids in the community, gender should be a norm of two, no more no less, and those who do not confirm are to be re-educated or removed... the list for their demands grew longer and more elaborate.

Soon, correctional and holding facilities for these so dubbed Imperfects were so overcrowded you might as well akin them to cans of sardines. The Authority realized they needed a different strategy to keep these people from their Pure society.

They found an island, abandoned from times past, a city crumbling from within. The Isle of Man, reclaiming the city as their own they called it Haven in order to mask the true atrocity behind their Elisium.

This was sixty years ago. We are now the year 2021, three generations into Haven's rebirth.

STAFF

ADMINS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the By

AHOY MATEYS, this is your friendly neighborhood By peeking her face through the blinds and saying hello~! Been at this RPing thing since I was just a WEE LASS and man if I've come this far I must like it eh? Currently known as your local thread hoarder and one of the admins of TAOE! We've all been working ultra hard on this site so I hope it fills all the little cackles of your writing hearts~
pssttt don't be shy, none of us bite, promise. 8D

Jonah

Guess what! By's a dirty liar. ​I​ bite. I go right for the jugular, every time. My name's Jonah, I'm a cute little baby boy, and I've been at this writing biz for about three years now. I'm not completely dead inside, but boy, am I on my way there! I'm a lean mean posting machine, and I like to just eat chocolate frosting sometimes. I just eat it. Right out of the thing. Give me your love.

Randi

I’m a die hard potterhead, metal head, and coffee addict. I have four dogs, two chihuahuas named Tali and Liara, a pitbull named Surri Dog, and an American Staffordshire Terrier named Norma Jean. I’m a bit of a crazy dog lady, but I’m okay with it.

Roman

Yo, I'm Roman! I'm a little noodle who wears too much black with hair as red as a fire truck. I am a firm believer in the power of art, and one day I hope to free all the animals from Sea World while Fall out Boy's "Folie à Deux" album plays in the background. I'm always open to talk about anything from plotting to personal life, so don't hesitate to hit me up! Happy writing!

Angel

Hi guys, I'm AngelRayne, you can either call me Angel, Rayne, or some variation, just let me know my name and I'll respond! Anyways I'm the site's official cuddler/snuggler. So if you ever need a hug/cuddle/snuggle let me know and I will drown you in cuddles. And as you may have guessed, YOU'RE ALL ​​MINE​​!

Grace

Greetings fellow earthlings! The name's Grace, and I'm the resident ninja and Queen of typos here. But aside from that, I'm just your typical random oddball who's into K-pop, watching anime, and loves shoving her face into books.... Well, not really. I just love to read x3 Anywho I've been doing this whole roleplaying thang since way back in 2008 and it's safe to say that I've become addicted. So why not come and be addicts with us all? Okay, yeah. That's a weird way to put it. Just join us pretty please~? We're nice peeps, I swear!

Yuno

Omg, I get to type and say hi to you guys! Like, what?! Hehe, hi there, most of you know me from our time elsewhere together, but for anyone who came after I left on the old site: hello. My name is Yuno, or fully "YunoTheNinetales." I picked up coding about a year ago, a little more by now, and honestly I love it. Beyond just the coding itself, though, I love helping other people figure it out. So, seriously, if you ever want some help coding something, learning how to do it, or simply fixing a bug that you cant find; feel free to hit me with a PM~!. You're also more than welcome to make requests on my CTTW Bird House. Love you all, happy posting! -Regards; Yuno

News

01/02/2016 - Happy birthday to Monkey the Hamster! He just turned two, which is very impressive for a creature of his size. Congratulate him for this brand new chapter of his life!

01/03/2016 - Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and happy birthday to Grace~! We all love you, and we hope you get everything you want, as well as love, hugs, smothers and COOKIES. Yes. We love you. <3

11/22/2015 - Merry Christmas to everyone! Yuno has created a new site skin as a Christmas gift. Love you all and hope you like it! any questions or comments, please contact Yuno via a PM for assistance. Always happy to help!

09/21/2015 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAHPONAH. WE ALL KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT YOURSELF DRUNK ON CAKE SO HOPE IT WAS A FANTABULOUS DAY. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU, MAY THIS DAY BE MERRY MERRY MERRY.

09/15/2015 - Got some new ads you can spread the good word with, check 'em out!

09/01/2015 - We are now officially open!
In loving memory of Kaityn Rayne.

Whether you're new or old to this community, one person we have always got to remember is out loving friend Kaityn Rayne. She was a very creative and great person, easy to talk to and always there. Anyone who knew Kaityn knows just how nice she was.

For a lot of us, she was the first person to speak to us and welcome us to the community. As of the 28th of June she has no longer been with us. It's a very sad thing, although Kaityn was the kind of person who wouldn't want us to be upset with her not being here. That being said, in her honor we are working hard to write amazing new stories. Her memory will always be with us. Kaityn, we love you. ♥
-Yuno

Trailer
TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

In The Aftermath, By/Rafael
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Nov 29 2015, 06:34 PM
23 Years. Female. Sentinel. Thief | Private. Hetero.. Application. Shipper.
As played by: Grace

Her predictions for the coming times had been realized.

In the events following her unwilling submission to the darkness, her control had ceased being her own and a maelstrom of shit had arisen to hit the metaphorical fan. The alter that resided in the shadowy recesses of her mind became a creature of sentience and drew breath once able, shortly thereafter seeking to wreak death upon any she deemed deserving of such cruelty. Maddi was no longer among the conscious of the world and for a moment in time, was akin to the likes of a lost soul with no body to inhabit. She was there in some sort of manner, trapped within herself as her dark persona resumed control at the helm

It was only when she suddenly came to that she became aware, both to the physical existence of reality and to what her alternative personality had done whilst she roamed the land of the living.

Maddison awoke outside in the streets belonging to the south end housing, her back prodded from below by small various pebbles and stones that adorned the concrete path she lay on. Her sight immediately filled with the vision of a grey-blue sky streaked with ominous clouds that foretold of ill omen and dark deeds done. Fitting for what she was about to soon discover. The confusion that swiftly set in dissipated and a sense of alarm overtook it, swapping out befuddlement for well-placed unease. Maddi then slowly pulled herself upright to feet that had walked through unknown whereabouts just previously, and that was when she saw it. Eyes that had returned to their blue coloring beheld a body of female identity dead not far before her, brown hair a tangled mess and skin stark pale against the blood strewn beneath her lifeless cadaver. Maddi gazed on with surprise portrayed and only then, came to notice the crimson cruor decorating her hoodie in a sprinkling of specks. However the shock was fleeting, lasting all but a second before flickering into an extinguished state and no longer dwelling amid her features. A sigh issued itself from her pink lips instead and she ran a hand over her face and its indifference, quickly taking her leave afterward once figuring vacating the premises was in her best interest. There was no reason for her to remain. She knew a dead body when she saw one, and that woman, whoever she was, was now a corpse claimed by the clutches of death. And she had been the one to send her on her way.

Refraining from using her flux as it wasn't safe to do so so soon after the takeover, Maddi walked the rest of the way to where her humble abode could be found. As far as she was aware due to the complete absence of outside dwellers, no one had been around to perceive what she had, much to her luck. She didn't need the unwanted attention. But all the same Maddi removed her blood besmirched hoodie to deter possible questioning and carried on.
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Dec 1 2015, 03:56 PM
24 Years. Male. Civilian. Trader. Heterosexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: Crazy Diamond

It had been a day. It had been a full say since he'd seen Maddi last, since she'd shoved her knife onto his chest, shoved him hard enough to send him right on his ass, hard enough that he'd felt that resonated through his spine and his kidneys and she'd left him behind.
It had been a day since Maddison Fox had freed him from that trap that had snagged his leg, and a day since he'd seen her laugh and smile, a day since he'd heard her call him by his nickname, Raffles.
And he was worried.

He was worried by the state she'd left him in, practically running from him while he'd writhed on then floor, running away from whatever problem she'd had at the time. He knew of her flux, but he did not know or understand the implications it had for her, and what it could do to her sweet, sweet personality. He did not understand that the flux acted like an alter person which could take over her body, take over her mind and form, turning her into an absolute killing machine.

He didn't understand how lucky he was for her caring enough about him to run away, so he wanted to see her. He also had with him her knife that he did not wish to keep any longer then he needed to. Why would he want to keep it anyways, it wasn't... it wasn't his. To him, a knife was an extension of a person's hand, something someone was generally close to in a personal fashion in one way or another, so he wanted to return to her what was rightfully hers, without causing anymore altercations between them.
Rafael still considered her a friend, though he wondered if she would see the same in him as she'd usually had.

He was still good ol' Raffles, even if he'd nearly killed a man the day before.

So he walked, taking his time, towards Maddison's home, keeping his eyes glued to the ground. Some people that knew him stopped him along the way, said hello, talked to him about the things they needed, the things they were willing to trade out to others. He made what mental notes he could through his focus, his very focus to get where he needed to be, today, which was Maddi's house. It was... not so far now. His shoes made quiet shuffling noises as he walked along, possibly not noticing that he was now somewhat behind her, due to keeping his eyes on the ground.
He was letting his head guide him.
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Dec 1 2015, 06:17 PM

After requesting the date from a random passerby, Maddi learned she had been 'out of commision' for an entire day since the falling of her reign. An entire day; a complete cycle of twenty-four hours having passed without her possessing any recollection of the time that was lost to her and forever would be. The only knowledge she had on what transpired was of the dead woman and her blood staining the fabric of her hoodie. It didn't take a vastly intelligent mind to piece together what had befallen, what her distinctly more murderous personality had done while she slumbered in the dominion of unconsciousness. Clearly a brutal homicide had been the final chapter for this unknown story written by her alternative self.

In the meantime as she dawdled on ponderings of what had been, Maddi quietly sauntered down the empty street. She kept her footfalls as light and silent as naturally possible and in the act of doing so, came across the sound of another set of steps that echoed after her own, treading from behind. Promptly she sent a sharp gaze over her shoulder and all movement discontinued at who she saw.

"Raffles." She called out not in question, but with all the simplicity of merely garnering her friends attention. She turned around to face him completely, however made no go at moving herself to be beside him. She hadn't seen him since... well, since she'd lost the battle of dominance to her flux. But what of her other self? That was the big question and the reason for her staying put. Had she seen him? Had she hurt him? By the looks of him, he seemed unscathed at first glance and she hoped that remained to be true.

"You're not trying to stalk me, are you mate?" She inquired in jest, a light smile in portrayal as she looked at her good friend with lips upturned. Humor was always her go-to in most situations, and this one was no exception.
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Dec 2 2015, 01:25 PM

All Rafael could do was hope she was at home. He didn't know where else a frightened Maddison could hide, where a terrified young woman would call her sanctuary. He knew that when he didn't feel good himself it was the default location in which he stashed himself, in his home, and that was it. He was actually shockingly easy to find when it came down to him 'hiding'. The worst he could do was place himself inside the walls of his place, which wasn't all that uncommon but... anyways. He didn't need to hide today and he just hoped thatbif Maddi was hiding, she was where he thought she might be.

Watching the ground past his feet the man was grinding his teeth. What if she wasn't home? What if something happened to her yesterday when she left and she was now laying hurt somewhere? He knew she was mlre then capable of caring for herself but... there was still that ounce of doubt in his system, one that was always sure the world would fall apart under his feet. If Maddison wasn't home he'd... he'd go looking for her, he would hunt her down to make sure she was okay... but nothing else. If he saw her walking around he wouldn't talk to her, he would just be on his way away.
He could return her knife another day.

That is, until he heard her voice saying that one nickname. Enough to rouse him from his thoughts, lift him out of his head and onto the street, where his eyes hit a pair of shoes which were oh so familiar, and a voice that joked he was stalking her.
He grinned, the fool he was, taking one of his hands to run it through his hair. "Heeheheheh... maybe I am... maybe you're easy to stalk." he muttered in his usual anxious voice, watching her legs as he spoke to her.

"Where you going, anyways, uh, I can't guess with my stalker skills, they're rusty, you're a little ninja in the shadows. You're a... a snake that's just slipping through my fingers... you're not slimy but you're slippy, slippy slippy... where you goin'?" he returned to the beginning of his statement, waiting to hear what it was she had to say. He wanted to know if he would be able to return what was hers today or another day.

PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Dec 3 2015, 02:22 AM

Maddi was happy to see him, and especially in such good condition, or well, at least in regards to what she could make out of his outward appearance anyway. In short, she was simply happy he was alive. Even if she didn't actually express that in full or let on just how truly fearful she'd been that her secondary persona might have inflicted onto him injuries of any sort, she was thankful to be standing in his presence yet again. He was her friend afterall, and the young beaut cherished him to the same likeness as a sister would her brother. Lord knew her own familial relations had been complete shit back in the day when her kin still had breath left to draw from; back before they tore themselves apart and blood had spilled blood.

Anyhow, family history aside, Maddison laughed herself as good ol' Raffles seemed to find humor in her words as she hoped he would. The anxious timbre of his vocals had been far from missed on her part and what she'd aimed to set at ease. Although she knew those rattled nerves she'd detected were something of a norm for him, she still used her comical quip for more than a means at attaining laughter. If she had been worried about him, she could only imagine he'd been the same, if not more-so given she hadn't exactly been present throughout yesterday's duration.

"Wow, I'm not slimy but slippy." Maddi repeated aloud as she acknowledged his rather amusing statement and a broad smile revealed itself on her face. "You know I'm really not sure if I should take that as a compliment or an insult... or maybe a little bit of both. Either way you definitely know how to charm the ladies, my friend." She chuckled lightheartedly. However, following the inquiry that came next, her jovial demeanor became imbrued by a solemn nature, and with her grin partly faded, she responded.

"Home." Was her simple one-worded response at first before she thought Raf deserving of a further and much more detailed explanation. "I actually kinda just came to after, well... you know. After the whole flux take over and everything. Woke up in the middle of the street not far from here, just loungin' on my back. I'm lucky no thieves came along and tried to take my shit. Guess they no better." Maddi attempted to joke with a scoff, but it was lacking. She purposely excluded her finding of the deceased woman and the last of her remains that fouled her clothing in red splotches. That was information he didn't need to know. "So yeah, anyway. You need somethin' or did you just come out all this way to practice your stalker skills?"
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Dec 6 2015, 11:57 PM

Oh he was alive alright, but that did not mean he was in the best condition possible; he'd been worrying about her, quite a bit, and he'd been also sharpening that damned knife of hers because of how dull it had been. Painfully so, maybe he should show her some knife care, and how to actually clean it up and what not. What had she used it for anyways, slicing open brick? Skinning it and laying it out to hang on her walls like some sort of gruesomely rocky display? How disgusting to be honest. Why would anyone ever do that, deface bricks like that, expose their stony interior...

Anyways.

He watched her legs as she spoke about her being a real charmer, and he grinned to himself, giving a low set of chuckles. The man lifted his hands from in front of him, and pretended to be adjusting a bowtie, and then faked a comb through his hair with his fingers, as though he was getting slicked up and ready for an evening out to the Sindicate, or something like that. "They don't know what they're missing out on~" he joked, obviously not being serious in the least but it caused him to laugh, grinning as he shook his head a little, and now ran a nervous hand through his hair. "No, no girls, no boys, none of that. Uh... I'm not... I'm not a charmer." he just talked a lot. He talked out of his ass, he let his mouth do all the walking for him, which usually didn't get him very far anyways, since he'd trip and fall right on his ass half the time.
Or get caught on traps, and require the instant aid of a certain young woman with the brightest, fiery red hair.
"Slippy is good, slippy isn't slimey because slimey is like an eel... you're not an eel you're more a uh... a weasel, or a fox. You'll sllllip right under everyone's noses." and he nodded to himself, pointed at her and made a little walking motion with his fingers right below his face, grinning as he did so. "You're not a booger, you're a fox~" and he half laughed to himself, before he let his arms drop to his sides.

So she was going home, good. "I'm comin' with you. I uh... I wanna... I wanna talk to you alone." because the street wasn't the exact best place to give her the knife back, or offer her knife tips for that matter. Mind you, he wasn't the most proficient with knives but he knew how to keep his own in tip top shape, and considering they were practically antiques, he needed to keep them up in quality a bunch. "I'm not that good of a stalker, uh, that's why I'm following you home. I gotta talk just you and me, alone, just... nothin' weird, just wanna talk." and he stood there, waiting for her to lead the way again, rubbing his hands together anxiously as he did so.

PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Dec 10 2015, 12:30 AM

Maddi was yet again faced with another outlandish statement from Rafael, but after having known him for the duration of not quite an entire lifetime, she had become acquainted with the idiosyncratic traits that defined him, as well as the bizarre sayings he went about uttering from time to time. What he spoke may not have always held a sense of clarity for those listening, and more often than not it had a likelihood of being misconstrued, but what his words had never done was cease her amusement. He was an entertaining friend, she found.

In the moment after Raf's peculiar declaration of what she apparently was and was not, Maddi became enveloped in a bout of silence. Her sea-like eyes narrowed whilst her head took to nodding slowly as if she wasn't quite able to follow the others logic, if there even was any to begin with. "That is..." She began, trailing off to a wordless quiet before her inner search for the correct wording came to an end. "Good to know. I'll be, sure to remember that. Don't want people thinkin' I'm a booger, am I right?" A chuckle lightly sounded from her and a sigh quickly came after.

I gotta talk just you and me, alone... eventually was the answer given to her prior query and her interest peaked. What exactly did he want to talk to her about? Did it have to do with something pertaining with yesterday's events, or was it something else entirely? Well, guess she'd find out.

"You saying that just makes me think something's wrong." Maddi teased, although with an underlying seriousness hinted in her tone. If there was a problem, she damn well wanted to know. "But alright, lets go then." And she turned around to continue the journey home, bloodstained hoodie in hand and a myriad of questions forming. They'd soon reach her apartment.
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Dec 13 2015, 02:52 AM

Rafael didn't really think when he talked. He found that thinking often earned him a silent mouth, which wasn't very good in his line of work. So instead of trying to think and giving the people he was with a sort of awkward set of guppy like mouth opens and closes, he just let his mouth go and do what it wanted. 80% of the time he spewed a lot of innocent bullshit but the 20% that mattered? He wasn't too stupid of a man, and when the things he said made sense>? They really made sense, in fact, his words could either be complete trash, or utter piles of gold.
Right now he was in the 80%, the part of his head which just spat out a bunch of bullshit that sounded like words, but stringed together didn't really do much for him at all. But he was trying to get his point across, and it was working for the most part.

If it wasn't for the fact that she looked at him like he was a total nut for a few seconds, which... he never liked from anyone. Lest them be friends, lest them be his brother, people he worked with or total strangers.

He was different, not crazy.

"Nothin's wrong, but everything is important." he stated, as though this was a universal truth, again letting his motor mouth run loose as he was driven into another string of words. "Just gotta talk about things and things and things, stuff that's been sad, things that were forgotten and then left on their own devices, things missing you." of course he meant the knife, but she didn't know that yet. "Lonely, lonely.... miscared for, alone, it's... yea. You 'n me. Talky talky time." he said through his teeth for a few moments, and ran a hand through his hair, following her still as she was leading to her house now. Or her apartment.

He did not notice her hoodie and the way it was etched with red. No instead he simply walked along, hands in his pockets and head hanging low, his gaze not so much as touching anyone in his path, and instead keeping it on the grass, as low as he possibly could. He didn't want to alarm anyone, especially not Maddison here, who was being oh so patient with his shenanigans, she really was.
And he'd be giving her her knife back, dammit.

PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Dec 17 2015, 09:57 PM

"Just talky talky time. Got it." Maddi said with a nod. From the sounds of his garbled mess of so called sentences, it really did seem like all he wanted was to talk, or rather 'talky talky' as had been his own words to her. Either way though, his reassurance helped to alleviate the worry that had started to fester, but her curiosity was still there and prominently so. She wondered what he had come all this way to chat with her about. His earlier words might've given her some insight on those specifics, but she didn't bother trying to decipher their meaning or attempt to read between the lines as she figured she would come to know what he had meant in due time. That and she just wasn't feeling up to putting forth the effort needed for such a task. Call her lazy and...well, you'd be right. She was lazy.

Minutes passed and became but a few until the pair of friends arrived at Maddison's place of humble dwelling. "Welcome," The lass began dramatically as she turned around to face Raf in the process of walking backward to the front door. "To my crib." And she flourished her hand out in front of her in a sweeping gesture, always one for the theatrics as usual. A key was then produced from out of her pocket and quickly inserted into the lock, and with a subtle click and a turn of the doorknob later, she opened the door and waltzed inside. Darkness was the first to greet them upon entering and Maddi reached out a hand to flip on the light switch beside the door frame. A light soon came to life and illuminated the room in a bright glow, chasing away the shadows that had resided just mere moments ago and returning them from whence they came.

"You've been here enough times, mate. Make yourself at home." She addressed Raf with as her lips curled into a lopsided grin. The apartment was fairly clean for the most part, if one didn't include the bedroom area which had clothes strewn about all over the bed and floor. But Maddi honestly didn't care all that much or at all even for that matter. As mentioned beforehand, she was a lazy kind of gal and one who didn't bother to pick up clothes and stow them away where they rightfully belonged. They'd just end up back on the floor anyway, so why even attempt to maintain a state of cleanliness? Besides, her bedroom was kept hidden behind closed doors and away from prying eyes. No one would be able to set their gaze upon it.

With a running start, the red haired maiden swiftly ran over to where the couch was situated in front of the tv and vaulted over the side to land skillfully on the her back, her hands going behind her head as she was already making herself comfortable. Her black boots came off next and were discarded onto the floor along with her hoodie before she waited for Rafael to join her, figuring he'd opt to sit in the old striped armchair she had closeby to the couches left. "Is it talky talky time now?" Maddi questioned with jest in her voice.
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Dec 20 2015, 03:53 PM

There was nothing wrong with just wanting to talk, right? Wasn't that a thing that was important between people especially when things are not going like you think they are? Yes, probably, but Rafael wasn't the type of individual who is capable of thinking along those lines. He just knows that people talk, and when they're friends they talk more, and Maddison was willing to talk to him when he asked, so that was a good thing no? Yes, yes it was. The man grinded his teeth some as she seemed to understand what he was getting at, and that's all he could ask for.

People patient enough to be willing to deal with his incessant ramblings meant that they might as well be automatically friends. They didn't happen often, and outside of business, Rafael really didn't have that many people he could really count on; Maddison, Serena, Jimmy... the list certainly doesn't go on very long. He doesn't deal much with people part of organizations and groups mostly because he doesn't want people to think he's there to be recruited. No this was the least of his wants and desires. He was there to trade, was it really too much to ask not to be spoken to about joining them?
Probably.

It wasn't the first time he'd been to the red head's home, but that didn't mean she didn't try to make it dramatic every single time. Who was he not to play along, his face bursting into a grin and a low cackle as he stood there, waiting for her to allow him inside. "Heheh...." he started, slipping into her place, pretending to be looking around as though an expert in living spaces. "....huh, not bad not bad, clothes. Tables. Couches. That's all you need~" he nodded to himself, an ultimate truth! Who needs anything else in a living space then just clothes and a couch. No food, no nothing. Mind you with how skinny Rafael was, it was obvious he didn't intake that much food at all.
Indeed, he knew to make himself at home but he didn't really plan on staying here very long so he... so he simply stood, and once the door was closed behind him he nodded at her talky talky question, pulling off the bag from his back and opening it. Inside he fished, considering he had a lot of shit for trade in there, but it didn't take him long to find what he was here for.

The man strolled his way to the table and down he placed the knife which she'd shoved onto him the day prior, and he frowned, grinding his teeth. "......I don't want this. This... this isn't mine." he told her, as though this was new news, and let the statement hang loosely in the air.

PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Jan 7 2016, 10:07 PM

Maddi watched from her reclined position as Raffles dug around through the contents of his bag, comfortably awaiting the dialogue she presumed would come thereafter as she brought silence to a yawn that had sought escape from the confines of her mouths with a raised hand. Only now did she become aware of the hold fatigue had on her and the tiredness that seeped through to her very core and every fiber of her being. That same hand she'd used to stifle her weary breath drew across her face and rested there a moment until the gentle sound of an unknown object being placed upon the ratty coffee table caught her attention. The girl gazed out from past her slim digits and eyes like ocean waves took within their sights what rightfully belonged to her; her knife.

At the discovery of her weapon now resting there before her, Maddi swiftly sat upright and inspected herself. One of her knives was with her still in its sheath, but the twin set was not to its full completion. A blade was missing, had been missing, and she'd never even been aware of its lost whereabouts. Until currently. "I didn't even notice it was gone." She followed her comment with a wisp of brief laughter and a short-lived smirk before they both died away in turn and the young babe fell under a spell of silence. She reached out to retrieve the deadly piece of equipment and sighed heavily aloud, her eyes downcast and she herself an unsmiling portrait as she leaned back. It was unmistakeable; something was clearly bothering her, and what exactly that something was was promptly laid to rest by the words she spoke next.

"Look, Raf, about what happened the other day." Maddison began. "I'm sorry for what I said... for what I did. I obviously wasn't in the best frame of mind." She chanced a look over in his direction. "You know how it is... well, kind of anyway." The man could never truly relate to her personally, at least not when it came to experiencing the issues her flux dealt out. She knew Rafael was in possession of his own problems, and like herself he often underwent periods of hallucinatory psychosis, but that's where the similarities ended. He had mental instability, whereas herself? There was no sickness of the mind plauging her. Her powers were the root of everything, the cause of all her many hardships and constant troubles.
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Jan 10 2016, 11:44 AM

How she hadn't noticed it was gone baffled him. Being the proud father of two knives himself he would immediately notice if one of them was gone... the sheer lack of weight would have alarmed him immediately into a full tear through his own meager living space in order to find it. It certainly had happened before but she hadn't even noticed it was gone...?
It could easily be explained by the fact that she'd not quite been herself the night before, and she'd done things even to Raf that he'd never experienced from herself much less anyone else. Of course, he had the contusions to prove it.

Though she'd not known her knife was gone she'd been eager to claim it once more, the blade in her hands he no longer had anything to fear, really. Except maybe for the blade's health itself, but he decided against saying anything right now. He'd just let her rejoice in being rejoined with her extensions.
To him that's what his knives were, simple apparatuses that made him have longer reach in fights. He didn't need to use them very often, most of the time the mere sight of a weapon was more then enough to deter even the most formidable of foes. Besides, fighting was not Rafael's job. There were plenty of people here who knew nothing but the life of the ring, but he wasn't one of those people.

But even he, thick as he was, could tell something was bothering her. He had no idea what it was, exactly, but he could tell after having known her so long that there was something at the tip of her tongue just screaming to be released with some high force, like an overfilled water balloon.
She began to apologize for her actions, stating that she was sorry for what she'd done and what she'd said, that she hadn't been quite there. He knew this, he knew this very well, perhaps not exactly what she went through but a psychotic black out he'd had before.

He wanted her to see what she'd done. It was nothing serious, of course, but he's got it in his head now that she has to see what her actions ended up giving Rafael. Without a word, without a damned word he started unbuckling his belt.
Now don't get the wrong idea here, he just wants to show her something. Of course this could be taken in a thousand and one different, horrid ways, but this was not what this was about. Rafael had never sexualized himself in front of Maddison and he wasn't about to start now; she was too much of a close friend, it would be strange.

Once belt undone the man unzipped, unbuttoned his pants, turned around and lowered his trousers so his ass was exposed. Exposed as in skin, she could see the skin of his bony ass, as well as the bruises that stemmed from his fall; they started within the strong dimples of his cheeks, and went all the way up to his lower back. They were beyond blue, they were, black, quite mean looking, painful to say the least. He'd landed hard on his ass bones.
Peering over his shoulder he now gazed upon her and spoke not. He simply watched her.

Look at my ass. Lookit. This is what happens.
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Jan 15 2016, 02:50 AM

Once her apology had been made verbal she waited for Rafael to do... well, something. Be it speak or lash out with words of his own, she at least anticipated for some type of response to be imminent if not completely forthright. She instead however, was met with a silence that came rushing to its demise all too soon. For in the moments following their deadened conversation, she was suddenly forced to gaze upon the unsightly scene of her friend unbuckling his pants. "Dude what the -- " Was all she had the chance to voice before being quickly cut off by a new onslaught of words, words that happened to be her own and came tumbling out her mouth with urgent speed.

"Oh my god, Raf! What the bloody hell, mate!?" Maddi exclaimed as he stood there with his bare ass exposed. Good thing only his backside was being presented to her. "Fuckin' please pull your pants back up for chrissakes!" With her head turned away the scarred lass lifted her hands to obstruct the view that was naked butt like a makeshift barrier, although her eyes no longer remained fixed on aforementioned butt anymore. But of course to her luck her mind did little to help extinguish Raf's rear end from thought even while looking away. The mental imagery was just too vivid and she couldn't shake the image permanently burned into the back of her retinas. Well sonuvabitch.

"You know, I had no idea what was gonna happen today after I came to, but being mooned by my friend was definitely not something I bargained for. At all." Maddi shook her head with lids closed while a small chuckle slipped past her lips. "Jesus. I think I might need some bleach for my eyes after this, or acid. Either one would work." She tossed a lopsided grin Rafael's way... and immediately regretted it. But upon the regrettable action did she finally set sights on the dark bruises and seem to realize what he was trying to get at. This was her handiwork. She had done this to him. "Damn." Maddi muttered, but in spite of the guilt she could feel inside her she couldn't exactly keep a straight face the whole time either. She tried to conduct herself with an air of seriousness, but it was nigh impossible with both Raf and his ass staring back at her. "Ahh, yeah," She brought a hand to her mouth to stop the subtle movements it made as it shifted into the beginnings of a smile. "Sorry about that. Although hey, look on the bright side. It could be worse." Maddison attempted to joke. "I could've -- " Her vocals suddenly came to a fleeting halt of her own volition and her eyes swiftly drifted away to their corners as she looked off to the side. "You know what," The ghost of a shudder coursed through her as memories of what she'd almost done when the darkness had taken possession for the beat of a single moment flooded her. She'd almost stabbed Rafael from behind, almost murdered him in cold blood. "Nevermind, forget I said anything."
PM
^
Rafael Lasco
 Posted: Jan 20 2016, 07:57 PM

Maddie! You are going to make him far more self conscious then he ever needs to be! Already that he is unsure of himaelf at timez there's no need to push his fear to near paranoia now. But that's what friends are for, right? That's what friends are for.
For a momemt he kept his pants there, just a little below his flat ass and he watched her expression go from a grin to one of absolute horror. What the heck was wrong with her? Was there something on his bum that he didn't know of, shocking enough that it would draw such a reaction from her. "What." he practically demanded while craning his neck so he could look himself over for a few seconds. The only thing he saw that was different was that god damned bruise, but that was it. Maybe there was something else, lower? More below his cheek? Fuck. What if he had a dingle. How he would get one of those he did not know but holy shit what if he had a dingle. That would not only be embarassing but disgusting! His eyes narrowed some and grinded his teeth in place as he started doing circles trying to see his ass, like a dog chasing his own tail. It was rather pathetic really, him trying to lift his non existant butt so he could see what was going on, all whilst walking circles.

Eventually he realized there was nothing there, and he grinded his teeth some, cocking his head to the sidr while looking her over. "... there's... there's... I mean fuck I know there's a really big ass bruise... ha, big ass bruise..." Amused by his own pun Rafael took a moment to enjoy the sensation it gave him, before he went on again. "... I mean I know there's a big ass bruise but there's nothing else wrong, fuck. It's just my bony bony butt." clearly in his head there are far worse things then being mooned by your friend.

Bleach your eyes?! Now that's just insulting. Rafael couldn't help but snarl at that one, frowning at her. "Fuck me Maddison Fox it's not that fucking bad!!!" he exclaimed, clearly at least somewhat offended by her words. "A lot of people like skinny asses like mine! A lot of people like my ass." he stated, and narrowed his eyes some at her , before running a hand through his hair.
"Holy shit." he muttered, an exclamation of a mixture of disbelief and a much more vulgar way to say oh my god.

Finally, FINALLY she saw what he was trying to show her, and he heard her face fall before he ever saw it. The man watched her now as she apologized, wondering what else could have happened... oh right. She could have killed him. Making sure not to look at her eyes so as to not trigger anything more. "But you didn't."
PM
^
Maddison Fox
 Posted: Feb 11 2016, 01:21 AM

The unintentional pun was enough for a faint trace of a smile to present itself briefly on raised lips before whisking away into oblivion, fleeing from sight and existence all as quickly as it had come. Maddi hadn't meant for her earlier outcry and sarcastic remarks to be insulting, but merely a way to express her shock at Rafael's nude bottom suddenly gracing her with an appearance. It was a natural response given the unexpectedness with which the unveiling had occurred, and had the roles been reversed she was sure he'd have had a few choice words to say himself.

Shortly after in the next coming moments she was met with a snarl and crossed her arms in defense, her gaze drawn well above her friends waist and kept firm at eye level. "Well excuse me for not enjoying your ass, Raffles." Maddison retorted with the barest of heat touching her cadence. His reaction had served to draw out her inner fire and awoken her biting wit. "But don't worry. Next time you expose yourself I'll be sure to give your butt the admiration it deserves." She expressed further in a 'don't you go giving me shit' kind of tone. Her jestful statements from prior may have been misconstrued and interpreted by Raf as him believing she thought his skinny ass disgusting -- which was incorrect given the fact that she simply hadn't wanted to see that much of him -- and in turn, made his anger warranted. But either way, he was the one who had decided to reveal himself in the first place, even if she did understand the rationale behind him doing so; to prove a point, although she could argue he could've succeeded in getting his point across just as clearly through more conventional means, means that didn't require her being subjected to bare ass. So in essence, he kind of had brought this on himself.

Anyhow, her heated disposition vanished following Rafael's utterance and she sank back into the fabric of the couch, eyelids dropping closed and a forefinger and thumb brought to rub the bridge of her nose as an exhalation simultaneously left her mouth. "No you're right. I didn't," Maddi began after a beat. "But I bloody well tried Raf. I didn't even know what I was doing until I was doing it." She reminisced and allowed her gaze to perceive the world again as she opened her eyes. "I suddenly was just... there behind you. I had my knife raised and I... I was so ready to end you, for good, right then and there. I remember I could picture myself taking my knife and letting it sink into your neck. I could see myself literally stabbing you over and over and over again until... until you were dead at my feet." The last of her tellings lessened into a soft murmur until she refrained from parting with anything else and let silence take hold of the room as she stared off into the distance.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

THE TAG BOX

Welcome to the tag box for TAOE. Just a couple quick notes before you start using it:

• Please put the thread link in your name
• State the alias of the person you're tagging.
• State the name of the character.
• State the name of the thread

Thanks so much in advanced to following our simple tag box rules! Happy posting!

-Your lovely staff.

Cbox
The Affliliates
RPG-D TFC TFC