Rules

Respect.
Drama is better kept IC. Respect is key between members; if you want respect you must give respect. If there's a problem with a member please contact either one of the mods or one of the admins.

Site Rating
TAOE is an intermediate to advanced, mature rated site [M], so we ask that all members to be just that; mature. There can be some pretty heavy subject matter so be warned. No characters below 18 years old. NPCs like children and such can be mentioned. ​There will be no child molester characters allowed on this site.

Word Count
Though there's no word count, we ask that you try and match your partner's number of words. It's no fun when you write a nice big paragraph and you get a couple sentences back, right? Then don't do it.

Number of Characters
There's no limit to the amount of characters you can make, however before you can make a second character, we ask that your first character has 10 IC posts. Same goes for any subsequent character. PLEASE KEEP YOUR CHARACTERS ACTIVE IF YOU WANNA KEEP THEM.

Registration
Register your character as "First Last" on the site, with your character names. If you messed up somehow talk to an admin, they'll be more then glad to edit your name for you. OOC accounts are reserved for Admins and Moderators, so please do not make them!

Avatar pics are 250px by 300px. The personal image on the minioprofile is a square and will resize automatically. This can be an image that represents the player, much like the avatars on the cbox! The Gif is 230px by 110px. Since the skin was so nicely coded by YunoTheNine, we ask to have high quality images please, keep the site pretty. Here is a link to help crop images and gifs: EZGif | PicMonkey

Faceclaims
We ask that all faceclaims/play bys to be of actors of age (17 and older). We also ask them to be of real people (actors, models, etc, someone you can get pics and gifs), no anime or other cartoon characters. If you want to use art of your character you can put that in your signature, if you wish.

God-Modding
There will be none tolerated. There are rules to character powers and such for that reason, please see those sections in order to make sure you're not making your character too strong. If you have any questions contact an admin or mod and they'll be more then happy to help!

Templates
We simply ask (please) that you use the basic template which is provided within the posts, super easy, either click on the button that says "template" when you write your post or write [template][/*template] at the beginning and end of a post (minus the star). Plotters are required to have a template, but there's lots of resource sites for that such as Caution to the Wind

Classification
Generally speaking, the only classification changes characters can undergo is from Pure to Imperfect. Characters can POTENTIALLY go back to Elisium pretending to be Pures, but that would be a very elaborate plot that needs to be discussed with either By or Jonah before it happens.

Copyright
Everything on this site is copyrighted to the said members or individuals here on TAOE. Skin was made by YunoTheNine of Shine. Templates and Graphics belong to the rightful owners, and there will be no stealing characters either. So we will put it frank, you steal ANYTHING without giving the proper credit, you will be banned. No warning.

MOST IMPORTANTLY
We're all here to have a good time! So kick back, write loads, and have fun~! Make some friends! Like, for instance, Steve Buscemi, who also happens to be the password that you need to send to an admin via PM in order to get accepted. ;)

Plot

GENERAL

TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

But little does the government know, there's something about the Isle of Man that changes its inhabitants. They call it the Flux, and it's quite the phenomenon, leaving people who were once only usual in spirit or body, now unusual in ability. It's like a power, one that can come suddenly, or over time, or even not at all. It all depends, person to person, and is, for whatever reason, all based around the citizen's personality. Whether you're Pure or Imperfect, you have a chance of being blessed, or cursed.

Yet, through this rejection and hardship this is where home lies, and this is your chance to make it so.

HISTORY

The Authority is in place to protect us. They serve us to the best of their ability, they protect the citizens of this country until their very last dying breath. Long ago was a time where there was no peace. War raged upon the land, death and destruction ravaged the people, destroyed their homes, split them apart into chaos. In their desperation for control over the anarchy and disarray, the Authority stepped into their ranks, unannounced, unwelcome at first. This did not last.
They lured the people into their grasp with the promise of peace and prosperity, a vow to food, the end of crime and violence. Of course, the good, the bad and the ugly wanted in on this pledge, and many started taking advantage of the system. Like leeches they sucked, squeezed what they could of the government, to the point where there was general alarm, the populace began to notice! And thus began the weeding.
At first it was but criminals, the worst of the worst, all raided and plucked from the public eye, sent away to an undisclosed location for the safety of the country. But their haul through time grew in size; illness causes panic, those who are sick must be put somewhere else, disability, lest it be mental or physical, leads to voids in the community, gender should be a norm of two, no more no less, and those who do not confirm are to be re-educated or removed... the list for their demands grew longer and more elaborate.

Soon, correctional and holding facilities for these so dubbed Imperfects were so overcrowded you might as well akin them to cans of sardines. The Authority realized they needed a different strategy to keep these people from their Pure society.

They found an island, abandoned from times past, a city crumbling from within. The Isle of Man, reclaiming the city as their own they called it Haven in order to mask the true atrocity behind their Elisium.

This was sixty years ago. We are now the year 2021, three generations into Haven's rebirth.

STAFF

ADMINS

------------------------------------------------------------------------

By the By

AHOY MATEYS, this is your friendly neighborhood By peeking her face through the blinds and saying hello~! Been at this RPing thing since I was just a WEE LASS and man if I've come this far I must like it eh? Currently known as your local thread hoarder and one of the admins of TAOE! We've all been working ultra hard on this site so I hope it fills all the little cackles of your writing hearts~
pssttt don't be shy, none of us bite, promise. 8D

Jonah

Guess what! By's a dirty liar. ​I​ bite. I go right for the jugular, every time. My name's Jonah, I'm a cute little baby boy, and I've been at this writing biz for about three years now. I'm not completely dead inside, but boy, am I on my way there! I'm a lean mean posting machine, and I like to just eat chocolate frosting sometimes. I just eat it. Right out of the thing. Give me your love.

Randi

I’m a die hard potterhead, metal head, and coffee addict. I have four dogs, two chihuahuas named Tali and Liara, a pitbull named Surri Dog, and an American Staffordshire Terrier named Norma Jean. I’m a bit of a crazy dog lady, but I’m okay with it.

Roman

Yo, I'm Roman! I'm a little noodle who wears too much black with hair as red as a fire truck. I am a firm believer in the power of art, and one day I hope to free all the animals from Sea World while Fall out Boy's "Folie à Deux" album plays in the background. I'm always open to talk about anything from plotting to personal life, so don't hesitate to hit me up! Happy writing!

Angel

Hi guys, I'm AngelRayne, you can either call me Angel, Rayne, or some variation, just let me know my name and I'll respond! Anyways I'm the site's official cuddler/snuggler. So if you ever need a hug/cuddle/snuggle let me know and I will drown you in cuddles. And as you may have guessed, YOU'RE ALL ​​MINE​​!

Grace

Greetings fellow earthlings! The name's Grace, and I'm the resident ninja and Queen of typos here. But aside from that, I'm just your typical random oddball who's into K-pop, watching anime, and loves shoving her face into books.... Well, not really. I just love to read x3 Anywho I've been doing this whole roleplaying thang since way back in 2008 and it's safe to say that I've become addicted. So why not come and be addicts with us all? Okay, yeah. That's a weird way to put it. Just join us pretty please~? We're nice peeps, I swear!

Yuno

Omg, I get to type and say hi to you guys! Like, what?! Hehe, hi there, most of you know me from our time elsewhere together, but for anyone who came after I left on the old site: hello. My name is Yuno, or fully "YunoTheNinetales." I picked up coding about a year ago, a little more by now, and honestly I love it. Beyond just the coding itself, though, I love helping other people figure it out. So, seriously, if you ever want some help coding something, learning how to do it, or simply fixing a bug that you cant find; feel free to hit me with a PM~!. You're also more than welcome to make requests on my CTTW Bird House. Love you all, happy posting! -Regards; Yuno

News

01/02/2016 - Happy birthday to Monkey the Hamster! He just turned two, which is very impressive for a creature of his size. Congratulate him for this brand new chapter of his life!

01/03/2016 - Hope you all had a fantastic holiday season and happy birthday to Grace~! We all love you, and we hope you get everything you want, as well as love, hugs, smothers and COOKIES. Yes. We love you. <3

11/22/2015 - Merry Christmas to everyone! Yuno has created a new site skin as a Christmas gift. Love you all and hope you like it! any questions or comments, please contact Yuno via a PM for assistance. Always happy to help!

09/21/2015 - HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONAHPONAH. WE ALL KNOW YOU PROBABLY GOT YOURSELF DRUNK ON CAKE SO HOPE IT WAS A FANTABULOUS DAY. LOTS OF LOVE TO YOU, MAY THIS DAY BE MERRY MERRY MERRY.

09/15/2015 - Got some new ads you can spread the good word with, check 'em out!

09/01/2015 - We are now officially open!
In loving memory of Kaityn Rayne.

Whether you're new or old to this community, one person we have always got to remember is out loving friend Kaityn Rayne. She was a very creative and great person, easy to talk to and always there. Anyone who knew Kaityn knows just how nice she was.

For a lot of us, she was the first person to speak to us and welcome us to the community. As of the 28th of June she has no longer been with us. It's a very sad thing, although Kaityn was the kind of person who wouldn't want us to be upset with her not being here. That being said, in her honor we are working hard to write amazing new stories. Her memory will always be with us. Kaityn, we love you. ♥
-Yuno

Trailer
TAOE is set in the biggest city, Haven, of the Isle of Man, an island reserved for those the government deems 'imperfect'. Sexual orientation, gender expression, mental and physical health, intelligence, your willingness to cooperate... It all leads up to your ultimate downfall, the one that brings you to the doors of Haven. The weather is harsh, the streets are filthy, and most of the inhabitants live in poverty, fighting for sport and profit, and joining gangs to get by. It's a tough life, that in Haven, but hey; someone has to be a scapegoat.

Add Reply
New Poll

I stand at Death's Door, Tag Angel (Yara)~!
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Sep 23 2015, 01:21 AM
31 Years. Male. Civilian. N/A. Pansexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: By

As far as everyone was concerned, Vincent Michael Bohdan Evers had died whilst travelling between Elisium and Haven.

He was already doomed to die; with injuries like his own there was little chance he could have survived. The man was lucky not to have been consumed by the flames, only sporting minor burns, but it was his other injuries which put him at such risk for death. His both legs were fractured, broken in several places, his left arm had been nearly completely pulverized by the shock it received while the plane was coming apart, fifty thousand feet up in the air. He had several broken ribs, but the worst of all was his skull; cracked in about four places, his skull was shattered, his brain injured to the point of beginning to swell, and this accident happened merely a day before.

The man, like many unfortunate ones, were now being carried in body bags towards the edges of the docks. They had nowhere to store the dead and so like many before him, Vince was planned on being burned to be disposed of. Of course there was a massive furnace straight for that reason, and Vince now lay amongst the pile of the dead, unable to move, unable to do anything but lay in his agony.

Oh how everything hurt. He knew that something was wrong but all he could feel was pain, confusion, loss. He could not tell where his body was located in space, he could not feel if he was laying on his back or on his front. His body felt so big, so... massive and expansive. Like a whale floating in space. He had no confines to this one. And everything was so loud it resonated through his broken skull. And everything was so bright it burned his brain, but there as nothing he could do about it. He was the only body amongst the pile which was still breathing. The only body who's eyes were open, searching, desperately in their horror for a way out of this hell. He didn't know that they were about to burn his body to oblivion, in fact, he didn't even know his name right now. All he knew was pain.

He had no memories, no thoughts beyond a swirl of emotion, uncontrolled; anger, terror, grief. He didn't understand why he was feeling all these things but he was...

And he was alone. Oh so very alone.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yara Loke
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 03:05 PM
36 Years. Male. Sentinel. Captain. Asexual. Application. Shipper.
As played by: AngelRayne

A man on a mission,
changing the vision. An empire's fall in just one day

The captain of the Sentinels had been out, on his way to the wall to be exact, well just outside the wall’s general area. His exact reasoning? Well he was there to see a few old friends from his day as a Watcher. Even after he had been moved to the Imperfect status he still remained close to many of his once co-workers. Sometimes he still traded with them, it was one of the best ways to get what his gang desperately needed in order to survive, and that was his desire. To see his gang, his family, live and prosper. They were choosing another way to live and Yara wanted to make sure that way had a chance of survival in such a messed up world. He was hopeful though that the Sentinel would be able to change things for the better here. If they could lead by example then, well, encourage people to join their lifestyle.

The captain slowed to a stop as he came upon the edge of the docks where they held the body bags. He paused to take a moment of respect for the dead. After his pause the man was ready to move on and continue to where his friends were waiting for him. He stopped though again when something tugged at his mental awareness. A pain. No, not just pain, there were other emotions too, not as strong or as loud as the pain, grief, terror, even anger, all of the emotions swirling around in what Yara had always found a quiet spot. What was causing so much emotion to burst from such quietness? It had to be bad if Yara could pick it up though, he had learned how to tune out people’s emotions, he had to, with a flux like his, if he couldn’t keep people’s emotions on a back burner he wouldn’t be able to function.
He raced now, his dark eyes wild with a sense of urgency. Even if it ended up being just a dock worker of some sort, ready to tell him to fuck off, he would accept it and move on, but if it was actually a person that needed help... Well this was what Yara wanted, he wanted to help people and this person, whoever they might be, needed help. His emotions were just too strong for the captain to ignore.

Yara opened himself up more, trying to actually let himself feel what this person was going through. While the man knew he could never fully block out a person's emotions, it didn't mean he couldn't leave them in the back burner of his mind, tuning them out for the most part. But right now, he wanted to feel those emotions so he could try and guess where this person was. He was not prepared for the level of pain he experienced, Yara had a fairly high level of tolerance for pain, he needed to with his military career, but the pain he felt through those emotions almost brought him to his knees.

The man pushed through the body bags, careful to be as respectful as he could be, silently asking the dead to forgive him, as he hurried to where he felt the emotion blooming from. Could someone be as careless to sign a death certificate on a man that was still living? Was this an accident? Or was someone hoping to get away with murder?! Regardless though no one would ever know now because Yara was shoving the last of the body bags away to reveal the one where Vince laid. He barely dared to breath as he slowly went to unzip the bag, holding breath at what, or rather who, he might find.

PMEmail
^
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Sep 27 2015, 10:08 PM

Inside he would see that there was a man, and not just any man; this one was broken. His eyes were only a little open as the cool air of the outdoors washed over him, and he found himself able to breathe. His face was covered in blood, his own, his skull seemed even a little misshapen. Both of his eyes were swollen, puffy, bruised and bloodshot. There was blood still slowly seeping out of his nose, and out of his ears, which were also bruised. Blood matted the marvelous hair on his head into a disgusting toupet, and his mouth was a little agape, his breathing irregular, raspy by the sounds of it, struggling to get a proper breath in.

The bag suddenly opening flooded his eyes with light, and his pupils could not shield him from the pain. Agony filled his brain as the sunlight burned his every nerve, and the man gave what was the most pained, strained noise one could imagine coming from a human being. The man who had been getting ready to dispose of his body jumped about three feet in the air once he saw that one of the bodies was indeed still alive.
And Vince, who was now presented with a glimmer hope and freedom began to cry. It hurt so much, even something as simple as a light in his eyes sent him reeling, recoiling. He could not move but his eyes shut as tight as they could, big fat bloody tears swirling down his cheeks as he lay there, at the mercy of all around him.

And there was nothing he could do to stop it. The man cried as he lay there, completely helpless he could not make out the shapes of people that swam above him, no, he could not even tell they were people.
His mouth opened and closed a few times, trying desperately to talk, to say something, but instead noises left him, alarmed, pained, a wide array of emotions could be discerned from the noises he was making.

Help me.

Help me.        Kill me.

Help me, please.

His eyes begged to the other, desperate for anything. Anything. He would gladly take death over this. He would... he was in too much pain, nobody should have to suffer this much. Burn me I don't care, please make this stop, please someone do something. I can't do anything, I can't.. I cant do it...

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yara Loke
 Posted: Oct 9 2015, 01:29 AM

A man on a mission,

Dark brown eyes widen with horror when he saw the man in the bag was breathing. Yara leaned over the bag of death, blocking most of the painful light to Vince's eyes. A noise of horror escaping his mouth and quickly reached down to hold his hand gently. "Ssshhh, sshhh, it's okay, it's okay." He cooed to the man gently, trying to soothe him in whatever little way he could. Yara could feel the man's glimmer of hope and it moved him close to tears. Oh he could feel the man's pain and it hurt him as much as it hurt Vince.

The captain swung his head around to the worker in charge of taking care of the bodies. “Quick! Get help!” He order the man, his voice harsh with fear and worry for this poor man. The worker did as he was told and raced off to find help. Yara leaned back over to look Vince’s bloody form with wild, distressed eyes. “You’re going to be okay, you hear me sir?” He forced his voice to be gentler, to coat his own feelings with calm, peace, and hope. He tried to press those feelings over what he felt from Vince, and even tried to push those feelings towards the bleeding man. He wasn’t sure if Vince would be able to feel it. If the man was to panicked Yara knew he wouldn’t be able to, but the captain had to try.

“My name is Yara Loke,” He continued talking to Vince, trying to keep the man’s focus on him if possible, distracting him from the pain, even if it was just a little bit. He looked around for something to try and put on the bleeding. “We’re both here on the Isle of Man.” He continued to explain as he searched around before finally looking down at his shirt. It was fairly clean and at this point that was all he needed. Using his free hand he bit the collar of his shirt, ripping off a good sized section of it so he could gently pad at the man’s bleeding face.

“You’re going to be okay, we’re going to get you some help, and then before you know it you’ll be up and running around on the island like the rest of us.” He forced a chuckle, hoping that by telling the man to have hope that he would have the strength to hang on until they could get him help.

PMEmail
^
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Oct 13 2015, 10:14 PM

The blur that vaguely looked like something, though he wasn't quite sure what, made what was probably noises, though he couldn't tell what they were. If anything, whatever was above him, if that was talking, they sounded like a golden retriever. Bwuh bwuh bwuh bwuh! He had no idea what was going on, at all, but suddenly there was motion around him, and it proved to be all too much.
Was that touch? He wasn't quite sure what he felt, actually, at all, but he thought maybe, just maybe, it was something touching him... somewhere. Where were his hands? His legs? He could feel them but they did not feel as though they were part of his body. He was so disoriented, he was so out of it, so lost within his own body it was quite... quite...

It was too much. For a few moments his body completely gave up and his eyes went dull, his mind shut down as he fainted through the incredible amounts of pain he was in. His upper limbs twitched, rather violently at the sudden adverse reaction to the situation around him. The other man leaving, his thundering footsteps as he ran for some aid was the trigger for Vince's immediate demise.

His brain seized. His body locked up and he had a seizure straight up in there, electrical current in his head firing on all cylinders, and crashing against one another so hard that at first, all the muscles in his body clenched, and he looked like a lockjaw patient for a moment. Joints in his back popped, broken bones made a god awful gritting noise as the ends of the broken edges rubbed against one another strangely. Once the stiffness had passed he shook a little, but his body was so weak, his head was so scrambled that he simply slipped under, and fell completely limp.

He was awake again, but found himself completely paralyzed, locked within his own mess of emotions, which were... a little more muted. Thank you Yara, this isn't so bad now, I can... I can at least lay here and rest my limbs until I am able to open my eyes again.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yara Loke
 Posted: Nov 5 2015, 03:22 AM

A man on a mission,

Yara was touching him, gently pressing his hand against the injured man. The captain had no proof that by touching a person it would strengthen his influence on their emotions. It certainly made him more open to what they were feeling, so maybe, maybe it did work the other way and it would allow his calming presence to ease the broken pilot a little more. The poor man... Yara’s heart certainly ached for this man, even without feeling everything that Vince himself felt.

How Yara managed to still be kneeling there next to Vince without passing out himself from the pain was unbelievable. Perhaps it was through sheer force of will that the captain held through by the skin of his teeth, quite literally, the man had bit down on the inside of his cheek as he continued to dab at Vince’s bloody body.

“Sir!” He protested as he felt Vince pass out, his hand stopped what it was doing as he mentally assessed the man still laying in the body bag. Where the hell was the worker?! Where was the desperately needed help?!? Yara’s dark eyes danced around the yard of the dead, searching for help. He wasn’t willing to leave Vince alone. Not for even a moment, not if he could help it. The captain refused to leave Vince alone, if by any chance this man did not survive- and Yara believed there was a fair chance that Vince might not survive- Yara did not want a dying man to be alone. No one deserved to be alone on their deathbed.

Yara let out a soft breath as he felt Vince’s emotional state, much quieter now, the man went back to his silent care over the man’s body. His silent vigil broken up every now and then as he offered the man soft words of encouragement. C’mon Vince! You can do this! You can make it! He willed to the paralyzed man.

PMEmail
^
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Nov 6 2015, 12:36 PM

Through everything that was happening, the one consistency was this strange sensation like he wasn't alone. In fact, he wasn't alone at all, he knew there was someone with him and despite not knowing who they were, he knew that they were accompanying him through this hell. It wasn't even a conscious thought of Vince's which he wasn't able to produce very many of those anyways at the moment, it was more of a... base state of emotion. Yes he was in horrendous amounts of pain, confusion, yes he didn't know what to do with himself, he couldn't understand the very concept of what it meant to have a body, but he wasn't alone.

Just then the worker came back, with a small task force of three men, four including himself. "We'll take him to the hospital, move!" one of them instructed, roughly to Yara, so that the four of them could grab each corner of his body bag. Of course they were not going to take him out of this one, they did not know the extent of the damages inside this one, so might as well keep him in one piece, eh? That's exactly what they'd do.
Before they'd arrived, Vince was in a relatively calm state all things considering, thanks to Yara, but his touch and their agitation sort of transferred a great deal of anxiety to him. Not only that but in their rush to get him off the ground they were less then gentle. Vince howled in agony, a holler so raw that it hardly sounded human, scaring the crap out of one of the men, enough that he nearly dropped that corner of Vincent's bag.
"Shit, careful Harley!"
"I'm sorry man I didn't think he'd scream like that! I don't think we should move him!"
"We have to move him or he's going to die!"
"Boone, careful with the head! CarefUL WITH THE HEAD!!" the men argued with one another, trying to figure out a way to do this without Vince straight up screaming as he had been. This was proving to be a difficult feat to coordinate, these men were far too panicked.

And Vince was slipping.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yara Loke
 Posted: Nov 13 2015, 05:28 AM

A man on a mission,

Vince wasn’t alone and Yara wouldn’t dare leave him alone until he knew without a doubt that Vince was in the best medical hands available to them. Yara was solid like that, he would stand with the man through every moment of this slow torture, his presence unyielding in his determination to stay with the man throughout his pain that they both now shared.

The captain spoke not as the worker returned with his ‘team’, he even raised a brow when one told him to step aside. “I will not.” He stated firmly with a slight cool note to his tone. Yara, while calm and level headed, he did not liked to be ordered around, and certainly not so rudely. Yara had found Vince and he was going to see it through to make sure the man was safe. Due to his emotional power Yara would often feel the need to take on the role of protector, he was connected to these people in a way no other human could be. It was one of the reasons why he made such a strong and great leader for his gang.

Yara had kept Vince’s hand in his for the most part, relieved that the men had at least enough sense to keep him in the bag. Not only would it hold Vince together as best as possible under these circumstances, it also allowed for easier transport. “Hey!” Yara barked through gritted teeth, Vince’s howl of pain sent shudders of pain throughout his body. Oh the pain! “Careful with him!” He hissed. “This man is still alive. Now we will get him to the hospital, and we will get him there alive Yara stressed as he stood up as they moved, his presence taking over the group as he walked between the men so that he was supporting Vince’s head. “I’m going with you guys to the hospital.” He spoke with authority and his own emotions spreading out again, gently touching each of the men. ‘It’ll be okay, follow my lead, I’ve got this.’ His emotions spoke to theirs, settling himself as the unseeming alpha of the group. Once he was sure the group was under way safely, his emotions returned to focusing on Vince as he faded out. Yara kept himself connected to the pilot emotionally, just keeping tabs on the injured man the best he could.

PMEmail
^
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Nov 15 2015, 11:13 AM

They knew, though they did not want to know, that they held a man's life in the balance. None of these men had ever seen or felt death so close to them, brutality had been a part of their lives in Haven for years, but not this close, not this terrifyingly close. This kind or gore, pain, raw presentation of the human psyche was only seen in movies, in ER television shows where there was no censoring. The men were not doctors, however, they were but dock workers, now presented with the task to help save this man's life, and they did not believe themselves capable of performing.

But with Yara there, things changed. When he spoke the atmosphere shifted to a place of determination, of understanding. He wanted to get this man to the hospital alive, it was imperative that they do so. This was their mission and with Yara at their head, holding Vince's limp hand as he was slipping, slipping, slipping.

He did not believe himself alive. He did not believe himself anything, unable to form coherent thought, he was but a cacaphony of the emotions brought by the experience, and it was all proving to be too much. Whatever it was they were doing to him it did not matter, for he wished it all to stop.
He willed himself to die, right then and there, he wished for it all to end; the pain, the suffering, he wanted it all to stop, whatever it was that was happening, it needed to stop.

Vincent Evers, once top pilot and one of Elisium's finest, gave up.

A breath escaped him, deep, rattling, like he was finally breathing his last, causing all the men to inwardly recoil, and look up to Yara for guidance. What do we do now?! It doesn't sound like he is even alive anymore, what do we do now?!
"What do we do?" cried Harley in a state of alarm and fear, realizing that this whole deal here may be far, far bigger then he ever anticipated it to be.

And Vince? He fell unconscious, what could move of his body was twitching, his brain trying to reconsile the fact that he had been gathering blood there, and the damage was only getting worse. His brain was desperately trying to keep him going despite his mind nearly snuffing it there.
"What if he dies...?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Yara Loke
 Posted: Jan 7 2016, 05:57 AM

Yara...Yara was to used to this unfortunately, he knew the struggle and the weight that came with holding the balance of life in death in your hands. It was the price of being a soldier, and not just any soldier, but a commander, a leader in the ranks. He had every life in his hands and he knew how to handle the pressure. He would help these men so they could all help Vince. Yara could feel the air shift as each man in their little pack changed, moved by the emotions the Captain was desperate to have them feel. It made him feel confident that this would all work out, that they would save this poor, unknown man’s life.

Almost all of Yara’s confidence shatter when the shutter of a breath escaped Vince’s mouth, panicking those around them. He feared for Vince as much as he feared that the men were so unnerved by the pilot’s breath that they would abandoned Yara alone with the dying man. But the captain somehow stayed strong, keeping a steady, physical hand in Vince’s, and an emotional one on the dock workers.

Yara looked straight at Harvey as he spoke. “We are going to get him to the hospital. We are going to save his life.” The Captain spoke with a confidence he didn’t feel completely, the man knew these injuries were extensive and very bad, and the unfortunate truth was that Yara could not guarantee Vince’s survival, but one thing could be promised, Yara was going to try his hardest to make sure he did.

As for Vince, Yara was not going to give up on him either. He leaned down slightly, more of an awkward bent in all honesty, as Yara was still helping to hold Vince steady, but he was close enough to whisper in the man’s ear. “Rest now soldier, you are not alone. Your brothers are here, and we will carry you to safety so that you can fly again one day.” It was perhaps not the typical prayer one heard, but it was one Yara had developed during the wars he had seen. He had no real proof that Vince would be able to hear him, or even understand him, but Yara hoped that the man could at least tell that he was not alone and they were doing their best to get him some help. Yara’s dark eyes glanced around at the other man as he straighten up. “Alright men, it’s time we got him to the hospital.” Yara ordered, they needed to move out and get Vince help.
PMEmail
^
Vincent Evers
 Posted: Jan 9 2016, 12:15 AM

Yara was so confident, so strong, he wanted this thing so badly that that one glimmer of hope stayed with Vince. In the black hole of his broken brain he saw a string of light, floating somewhere in front of him. Shapeless himself he began trying to swim for it, the progress of such an act being as though he was trudging through molasses without any sort of ground below his feet. In fact, he had no feet.
Within himself, within his unconscious brain he dreamed of sorts. Here nothing existed but blackness, a sense of identity and a string, a strand flapping in a silent storm, furiously, difficult to follow if one is not paying attention. It was thinned out by the sheer difficulty of keeping it amongst his brain cells, but it was there, and for its small self it was strong, shining painfully bright, lone and waiting for it to be grabbed onto.

He knew he needed to get closer to it if he was going to benefit from its Hope and its Wonder for Life and erasure of Death. How was he to get close? The Storm raged so hard it blew him about, tossed his flag as though upon the mast of an ancient ship. But he trudged on; it was the only Thing around, he knew he should go to it. He hovered in midspace while his body remained limp in the arms of the workers now Yara led.

The men held onto that leadership like poor sailors stuck in the same storm Vince was in, and they nodded nearly in tune with one another. Of course they wanted to save this man's life, they'd seen what horrible condition he was in, any other option wasn't an option. Now that he'd been uncovered he needed to be rescued from the clutches of death herself.

“Rest now soldier, you are not alone. Your brothers are here, and we will carry you to safety so that you can fly again one day.”

Fly.

Fly. Fly again.
No more pain. Brothers.
But it hurts so much. Fly brother fly.
Take my hand. It will be alright.

Fly phoenix fly. Here you are.

Find your wings. You will find your wings.

Now close enough to the string he could take a hold of it, its Hope started curling around his center, around his heart, and he held onto that close to him as he could.
....you can fly again on day. You just need to live.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
Fast Reply
New Poll

THE TAG BOX

Welcome to the tag box for TAOE. Just a couple quick notes before you start using it:

• Please put the thread link in your name
• State the alias of the person you're tagging.
• State the name of the character.
• State the name of the thread

Thanks so much in advanced to following our simple tag box rules! Happy posting!

-Your lovely staff.

Cbox
The Affliliates
RPG-D TFC TFC